Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

T3 armor vs T2 question

Gross
What is the net difference between T3 Crusaders Chain +0 and T2 Priest Scale +3.

The chain looks like the only thing useable by an evangelist that is possibly available till armouring levels climb given crusaders scale is a L19 recipe, and evangelist only supports the chain keywords at +0.

At L10 evangelist match
4 keywords on Crusaders Chain +0, Celestial/Masterwork/Blessed/Medium
5 keywords on Priests Scale +3, Masterwork/Strengthened/Distributed/Blessed/Medium

Is the T3 Cleric Celestial keyword worth more than 2 other keywords?
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
Drogon
10 keywords vs 8
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Azure_Zero
That and the saves, But also in the ability to get T3 armour. Also T3 takes a boat load of resources and Has a VERY long crafting time compared to T2.
Fiery
A major Keyword, such as Masterwork for T2 and Celestial for T3, is worth 4 minor keywords. So a T3+0 is typically worth 2 Major + 1 Minor keyword, or 9 total, vs 1 major and 4 minor for T2+3, or 8. Also, if you can get a keyword match inherently, such as in this case (Blessed is inherent to all Crusader's Chainmails) it becomes 10 keywords. So 2 extra keywords over the Priest's scale +3.
Edam
Benefits of the T3:

• Extra keywords
  • +50 to all saves
  • Better EPRO/EPOW against debuffs, stuns etc

Disadvantages of the T3:
  • If you or your party only have T2 saves and buffs they will suck due to EPRO/EPOW
  • For the same reason, T2 consumables (potions, greater tokens etc) will also suck big time
  • Expensive

Note that your resistances will remain the same. It would actually be nice if higher tiers got a VERY slight bump to all resistances (including ones that are zero at T1) but that is not currently the case.
Wolf of Rathglen
Down with effing epow/epro am I right? We get the EXACT SAME function for damage and effect results in combat from comparison of the attack roll v. defense rating. No need at all to double up on the same thing and cause all this extra grief with what is supposed to be elite armor.
Hammerfall: Like a waterfall, but tougher.
Bringslite
Proxima Sin
Down with effing epow/epro am I right? We get the EXACT SAME function for damage and effect results in combat from comparison of the attack roll v. defense rating. No need at all to double up on the same thing and cause all this extra grief with what is supposed to be elite armor.
+1 The only benefit (in general) that I can see moving from T2 to T3 buffs is duration, which falls off at the edge of the hex anyway. Lower tier heals are already non optimal because we have more hit points in higher tiers. There isn't really a need to make them 0.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Decius
Would you rather have Beneficial actions require an attack roll and use that result to determine effectiveness?
Stilachio Thrax
Decius
Would you rather have Beneficial actions require an attack roll and use that result to determine effectiveness?

I'd rather have spellcasting (particularly heals and buffs/debuffs) work like it does in TT, effect magnitude and duration based on spellcasting level, not based on what gear you and your target happen to be wearing. Epow/Epro is just an awful mechanic that severely gimps new players when they group with vets. We keep talking about how to make new T1s more useful, getting rid of Epow/Epro seems like a good start.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Huran
Proxima Sin

+1

Decius

Honestly, beneficial actions is something that needs to be looked at a bit. An attack roll may suffer the same problem where a T1 cleric trying to stabilize a T3 fighter may miss because of the high level armor. In the case of healing buffs, I would rather them not have an attack roll at all but still heal something even on the high end tiers.

Kind of like the table top game. Just because we are level 16 does not mean a cure light does nothing, though it may not be as effective as a cure serious it will still stabilize a dying comrade if it came down to it.

Edit: Stilachio beat me to it - pretty much my thoughts as well.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post