Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Cals Alpha observations and suggestions

Calistin
So I just got into alpha and wanted to share some thoughts.

Things I would like to see changed.

Some basic must haves:

ctrl toggle run ~ allows us to choose run/walk as our default movement speed

Font size ~ let us choose a font size for chat independently from the rest of the UI size

Font size for floating messages ~ Make floating messages that appear in game a constant font size as currently when you zoom out the messages about achievements, node depleted, target name etc etc shrink to microscopic size. Or perhaps make you need to make the floating font size increase as we zoom out? For the sake of simplicity lets just say all numbers or writing that become ridiculously small when zoomed out is included in this.

Loot pick up messages ~ if this is going the auto loot way then have it tell us what we just acquired via the chat box, could be something that shows up in combat log.

Combat bars ~ by this I mean the red/blue/yellow bars that appear during combat. Allows us to move this off of our characters. It interferes with seeing what is going on and what is attacking you. Allow us to toggle them off completely or allow us to have them in a more traditional mmo UI manner that we place where we want.

Lock camera toggle ~ Would love to have a mouse look view like in DDO. Allows you to use W,S to move forwards backwards while moving mouse right or left allows your character to turn face where you want to go. A and D while in mouse look allows you to strafe left or right if you are going forwards or backwards or move sideways if standing still.

NPC on minimap ~ allows npc to appear on the minimap once you have visited them. Make roads rivers and lakes appear on it too.

Improve the main map ~ when you zoom in the main map writing is unreadable

Other less basic things but still very desirable:

NPC Feat Filter ~ I put this here because it is not a must have right now but it is very very very annoying to have to hover over each feat to see if it applies to what you are looking for as such it should be fairly high in the priority list. You should be able to sort out feats at the npc window according to various criteria such as passive feats, defensive feats, weapons etc etc. For example it is annoying having to sort through knife, longbow etc etc feats at a npc when you are looking for shortbow feats.

Starter Guide ~ I found the guide to be very very basic and did not find it explained "keywords" very well. Most people like me that have not been following the game much or the kickstarter will come in assuming "Pathfinder" Online will be following DnD 3.5 rules when it doesn't seem to be. For example I put on scalemale I am going to assume as long as I have med armor prof I will be getting benefits from it. Same thing goes for spells and the like If I have the XP to purchase Frost 2 I am going to think "Oh snap" My frost ray just got stronger and will be like wtf when it is not and not know you need a +1 wand.

Respawn location ~ allows us to choose a bind spot for respawn upon death, maybe an option of respawn at nearest shrine or bind point.

Upgraded graphics ~ Speaking mostly right now about the character models, they are fugly and the running animation on my elf seems weird. Though I must say she looks much much better in a robe compared to the basic peasant cloths she is born with. At the very least change the starter cloths or underwear we start with.

bugs I have seen so far:

~ when equipping evoker feat it goes to the head slot on the paperdoll EDIT: I seem to have fixed this issue by fiddling around with the resolution and playing with UI size.

~ I do still seem to lose connection crash when in 1920x1080p fullscreen and alt tab to be able to view other things on my desktop. I have resorted to switching res to windowed when wanting to view the forums and back to FS when back to playing the game.

~ mobs sometimes seem to go inactive, meaning I was standing next to one and couldn't harm it and it didn't seem to see me

work in progress!
I blame Shade…….
Nihimon
Calistin
Lock camera toggle ~ Would love to have a mouse look view like in DDO. Allows you to use W,S to move forwards backwards while mouving mouse right or left allows your character to turn face where you want to go.

To clarify, you're asking for a toggle for this, since it's already possible if you hold down the left mouse button.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Calistin
Yes Nihimon a toggle, press T for example and no more needing to hold down the mouse, press T again and it toggles back to standard view we have now. For example Sw:tor works like this and it is very very annoying having to make a macro for this. Btw it's the right mouse button you have to hold down not the left.

Having to hold down either the left or right mouse button is just asking for some carpal tunnel flare ups.
I blame Shade…….
kyntaro
when equipping evoker feat it goes to the head slot on the paperdoll
no problem with evoker slot…
Calistin
kyntaro
when equipping evoker feat it goes to the head slot on the paperdoll
no problem with evoker slot…

Are you using default UI size? I am using large size UI. Sunday UI windows were not scaling correctly with the change UI setting.
I blame Shade…….
Edam
I would add the following to that UI list -

Make floating messages that appear in game a constant font size as currently when you zoom out the messages about achievements, node depleted etc etc shrink to microscopic size.
Calistin
Edam
I would add the following to that UI list -

Make floating messages that appear in game a constant font size as currently when you zoom out the messages about achievements, node depleted etc etc shrink to microscopic size.

Yes I noticed that too this play session, will add it smile
I blame Shade…….
Decius
Include the name of your target in the 'constant font size'.
Calistin
Decius
Include the name of your target in the 'constant font size'.
Done!
I blame Shade…….
Nihimon
Constant Font Size for damage numbers would also be appreciated.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post