Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Golarion Mumble - Conversation on Moving Forward

Caldeathe Baequiannia
The Golarion Mumble is within a few months of running out of the existing time (espcially if there is any pickup in use after an announcement). I am still holding in trust $172.00 for future golarion mumble activity. There was some discussion about whether we'd be better off shifting to our own virtual machine for hosting, but whoever Cheatle planned to connect me with for helping set that up (it's outside my existing skill-set) never materialized.

The mumble has proven handy for announcements and gatherings, but is less handy than when PFU was running classes regularly. Does the community feel this is a valuable resource? Should I put the funds I'm holding into extending it, or is someone interested in advising and assisting with setting up our own virtual machine? Is there some other/better direction to go?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
HachitoBeak
From what I hear the elder scrolls online has a voice chat system built in game based off of distance and many other games do as well. It may be good to at least consider adding some sort of voice chat in game. I don't remember who said it but a while ago someone mentioned having a friends list and if this or something like this was added it may be possible to add voice chats to that. Another idea would be adding this to parties as if mumble or other systems like it where not used it would be useful and convenient to talk to one another especially in a party that is fighting for mid fight call outs or strategies. It will be interesting to see what will happen but I am sure we will find some way of coping.
Giorgio
Wait and see till what NewCorp announces when they take over soon. A lot depends on that, including the Golarion Mumble status. For example, NC might set up thier own voice com system , or better yet, fund the Golarion Mumble themselves.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I can easily imagine a time when something from the developers will render the golarion mumble moot, but I don't think it will be in 2016. I'm not chomping at the bit to spend the community money I'm holding, I just don't want to waste it. I'd like to have a conversation from the community, especially since the people who donated it are almost entirely gone. Any consensus reached here wouldn't need to be implemented until after a likely newcorp announcement, but things considered slowly are likely to serve our needs better than a decision made in haste.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Tyncale
I have used the mumble quit a lot when I was still hunting Molochs together with the HRC folks. It certainly worked well for me to hook up with folks other then from my settlement or alliance which have their own TS.

It was certainly valuable for me and I hope to make more use of it in the future.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Bringslite
It seems like a valuable resource for the game. IMO, it should be provided by the Developers. You can't really beat the name of the address.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Zax
Bringslite
It seems like a valuable resource for the game. IMO, it should be provided by the Developers. You can't really beat the name of the address.

+1
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Yes, keep it.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Harad Navar
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Yes, keep it.
+1
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
plopmania
I know this has been brought up before (and some even used it) but wouldn't something like discord be more accessible. It works both on browser and has a standalone client, supports both voice and text chat - and is free. Just curious though.

But anyways, +1 on community communication anything.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post