Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Gotta catch 'em all

Midnight
Talk about your non-consensual PvP…

The new augmented reality Pokémon game has distributed pokemon and gyms across the real world map and kids are suddenly leaving their homes to search for them.

Needless to say children are wandering into strange places, getting attacked, and having their smartphones stolen.

The nearest pokemon to my home is at a location where I've previously seen homeless people having uncovered sex outdoors.

The nearest pokemon "gym" is a liquor store covered in White Fence gang graffiti. Apparently, the devs expect kids to sit on the floor in a liquor store doing pokemon battles on their smartphones to become the gym owner?

What could possibly go wrong?
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Decius
Perhaps parents who use smartphones to replace childcare will self-educate about why that's a bad idea.
Midnight
I just hope they figure it out from the media rather than learning from a predator.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Maxen
+1 Decius. It's deplorably how many of today's parents rely on devices to babysit their children. Or worse yet, allow devices to distract themselves from their own parental responsibilities. We had a case In Florida where a mother 'forgot' to remove her young child from a hot car because she was distracted by her cell phone. Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed.
Midnight
Wait until everyone has VR goggles and can't even monitor the room they are in.
-Edmund Burke
Edam
Midnight

It's bad enough people walking in front of cars while texting on cell phones.
Stilachio Thrax
Midnight

I have to believe Darwinism will quickly and ruthlessly weed out the people that have issues with those devices and situational awareness.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Zax
Go to a Wal Mart and tell me Darwinism is quick and ruthless smile
Decius
Natural selection is quick and ruthless and doesn't care whether you think a trait is prosurvival or not. Or even whether it will be prosurvival tomorrow.
Midnight
http://www.ktvq.com/story/32403198/wyoming-teen-playing-new-pokemon-game-on-phone-discovers-body?utm_content=bufferf8994&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

19 year old jumps a fence to reach a riverside and finds a dead body floating in the river.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post