Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

difficulty changing keybinds

Shadoweaver
O.K. this has gotten really frustrating. The /exportkeybinds command says that it puts the player_settings.ini file in the pathfinderonline/pathfinderdata/keybinds folder, however it isn't showing up. Could this have something to do with the 'run as administrator' thing from the updater? At the moment I am stuck with a custom set of keybinds that I hate and can not change. I have uninstalled and reinstalled after deleting the entire pathfinder directory but still when I start I have a set of custom keybinds I don't want, and can't even revert to the default ones. Can anyone help?

Thanks for your time
Jazzlvraz
Have you searched your drive for player_settings.ini being created elsewhere? The /ImportKeybinds and /ExportKeybinds commands can be issued with file locations, if that might help.
Nihimon
Shadoweaver
Could this have something to do with the 'run as administrator' thing from the updater?

Yes.

I highly recommend you make a PFO folder in C:\, and then type "/ExportKeyBinds C:\PFO\keybinds.ini". You can then edit that keybinds.ini and then type "/ImportKeyBinds C:\PFO\keybinds.ini".

You can name it anything you want, but keybinds.ini or keybinds.txt is probably the easiest to work with.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Dazyk of Phaeros
I actually ran into this too. What I did is made a player_settings.ini file, THEN did the /exportkeybinds in game, and that worked.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Shadoweaver
Thanks! this fixed everything! once last question though, what is the syntax for the / and * keys on the keypad?
Nihimon
Shadoweaver
Thanks! this fixed everything! once last question though, what is the syntax for the / and * keys on the keypad?

No clue. Perhaps Cole will chime in…
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Jazzlvraz
Shadoweaver

I successfully use "keypad+" and "keypad-", but I've seen /ExportKeybinds create "keypadplus" and "keypadminus". I'm guessing "keypad*" and "keypad/" don't do what you expect?
Shadoweaver
I got those the format right for keypad+ and -, thanks for all the help!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post