Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Like I explained months ago...

Midnight
even Attorneys General have become educated on MMO gaming promises.

http://kotaku.com/report-star-citizen-backer-gets-2550-refund-1783699701?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
You are a Troll
Your point being? (que the negative troll like never-ending complaining….)
Midnight
It just reinforces what I said could occur in the event of a wipe without compensation or other substantive changes that a consumer would object to.

There are folks here who have suggested that computer games are still the wild west where developers can get away with anything and consumers are powerless.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Decius
Did you read the correspondence? RSI maintains and neither the AG nor the IRS disputes that the pledge was "earned by RSI and becomes non-refundable". The very last paragraph says it all:
RSI
Nonetheless, having reviewed complaint's interaction with our customer service agents, we have determined that it is also in our interest to to terminate his participation in our fundraising community. We are therefore agreeing to close complainant's account permanently and we will will issue a refund of his pledge promptly.
Midnight
You say the AG doesn't dispute it, when in fact they never commented on it since they didn't need to since the inquiry prompted the company to quit refusing the refund.
-Edmund Burke
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Must be a slow news week in PFO Land…

Ok…so this is one of…two times SC gave out a refund?

The first time was to a failed game developer a year or two ago who went on a huge anti SC crusade but also yelled at anyone who criticized him or gave his own space rpg and mmo games bad reviews, lol.

RSI stuck with its policies, I aint even sure why this is news, or why I should care.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Clearly we need to start catching people for banditing or someone needs to start a fight someplace. Surely we can more interesting things than this to talk about lol.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Duffy Swiftshadow
"Consumer" isn't really an accurate term in most Crowdfunding setups. While they aren't technically angel investors crowdfunding should probably fall under whatever rules apply there. It's generally funding not product purchasing and the intangible nature of computer games does make that more blurry.
Midnight
I'm under the impression that kickstarters originally had to promise a deliverable in exchange for the funding so that it wouldn't fall under the various guidelines that covered investment when the number of investors exceeds 500 (and it gets treated as a public company that has to do public reporting), and so that the companies/bands/artists could keep 100% of the profits and control.

The SEC was looking at being more permissive in crowdfunding but that was for folks who wanted to INVEST on a small scale, rather than for folks who wanted a deliverable.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post