Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

T3+3 Armor is Sometimes Worse Than T2+3 Armor

Bob
Decius
A long time back, resistance went from having a bonus per keyword to not having a bonus per keyword. Would making higher-keyword armors provide higher resistance make them too good?

I believe we switched away from resistance per keyword to health per keyword to fix some issues that I can't recall at the moment. That makes me suspect that putting the resistance back in will just bring back some other problems. Best to just tackle the EPro issue more directly.
Bob
Seraph
Thanks Bob. I guess the big thing we want to know is whether we should be putting sets of T3+3 armor on our crafting queues expecting them to become clearly better than T2+3 and T3+0 in the next few months, or if we should start making T3+0 because it's currently the best, especially after cost analysis, and not expect T3+3 to take its place as the best until 2017 sometime.

I wouldn't expect any changes to this for at least a couple months, at the very earliest.
Decius
Bob
Decius
A long time back, resistance went from having a bonus per keyword to not having a bonus per keyword. Would making higher-keyword armors provide higher resistance make them too good?

I believe we switched away from resistance per keyword to health per keyword to fix some issues that I can't recall at the moment. That makes me suspect that putting the resistance back in will just bring back some other problems. Best to just tackle the EPro issue more directly.
Needing armor did make the power curve a lot flatter, since a well-defended high tier character could be literally immune to damage from some (but not all) low level weapons.

That just encourages players to diversify enough to be able to hit the resistances their target didn't have.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post