Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Constructive Ideas for the Goblinary

Maxen
A thread to discuss ideas on improving this much needed and greatly appreciated.
Decius
1: A way to quickly determine what the bulk resource production of a holding and outpost would be.

2: (probably beyond the scope of the Goblinary and just beyond my math skills) a tool that can be used to estimate the defense, attack bonus, attack tier, damage factor, base damage, and damage type of NPCs using only the information currently available to players.
Seraph
Keywords for the Improved and Greater spells and the ability to train them would be nice. smile
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
Edam
  • A section that allows players to look up things like hitpoints regained per round, stamina regained per round, stack recovery per round and power regain
  • An indication of power effectiveness for damage expendables. Something like DF/power might work.
  • The most common use of the ability section is to sort feats granting an ability by XP/gain in declining order to find optimal feats to train to get through an ability gate. This would be a good candidate for a quick access button.
  • give a location for the location achievements or better still link to a map
  • add what role achievements enable (for example cleric level 7 for holy symbol proficiency 2 and level 12 cleric enables auspicious critical) to the page for the roles
  • some mechanism to help match keywords, for example an easier way to find the optimal doamin or school for a particular expendable
Nihimon
First, thanks Maxen for getting the ball rolling with a much better-named Thread smile

Seraph
Keywords for the Improved and Greater spells and the ability to train them would be nice. smile

I'll try to get a fresh parse of the Wiki Data done "soon".

Edam
  • (1) A section that allows players to look up things like hitpoints regained per round, stamina regained per round, stack recovery per round and power regain
  • (2) An indication of power effectiveness for damage expendables. Something like DF/power might work.
  • (3) The most common use of the ability section is to sort feats granting an ability by XP/gain in declining order to find optimal feats to train to get through an ability gate. This would be a good candidate for a quick access button.
  • (4) give a location for the location achievements or better still link to a map
  • (5) add what role achievements enable (for example cleric level 7 for holy symbol proficiency 2 and level 12 cleric enables auspicious critical) to the page for the roles
  • (6) some mechanism to help match keywords, for example an easier way to find the optimal doamin or school for a particular expendable

1. I don't have a handy source for that data. If someone wants to provide it, I'll see what I can do.

2. Great idea. This can definitely happen.

3. I'm hoping I can analyze the data and streamline a good summary that shows the efficiency curve for each type of Feat, in addition to listing all the specific Feats and Ranks. A quick-link directly to it will probably wait until I can create a page that looks a lot like your Character Sheet with links to the relevant pages.

4. PFOMap.com is a fantastic resource, and I would love to be able to link directly to specific hexes, but I don't see a way to do that. Also, since the location data is not part of the Wiki Data, I would have to manually curate it, which is just a little uncomfortable, but worth doing if we can talk Aussie into making the hexes linkable smile

5. I see. In addition to listing Feat Requirements, list Feats Requiring this Achievement as well. Very good idea.

6. I should be able to list all the Role Features that match at least one Keyword, in descending order of how many Keywords they match. Good idea.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Duffy Swiftshadow
Edam
  • some mechanism to help match keywords, for example an easier way to find the optimal doamin or school for a particular expendable

Did that one. I can load up new data and regenerate the lists pretty easily, are the Improved Spells that were missing in the current PFO wiki data?
Nihimon
Duffy Swiftshadow
… are the Improved Spells that were missing in the current PFO wiki data?

I'm not sure. Do we have a specific example?

Goblinary says it was loaded from the 10/12/2015 (I'll try to change this to a less ambiguous format - read it as October 12, 2015) version of the PFO Wiki Data. The PFO Wiki Data was last updated May 20, 2016.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Duffy Swiftshadow
I'll poke around when I get home, the wiki data I loaded was missing a lot of the Improved spells, I don't remember when I did that.
Huran
Something worth mentioning if it is not already known.

I am not sure if this is the case for all armor feats, but the data for Archer seems to be a bit off. Pertaining to just the requirements to train it, the feat in game seems to no longer require CON to train it. I was able to train Archer 12 without having a CON of 16.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Decius
Crafting efficiency: For each crafting and settlement recipe, for a given total and refined materials list, what level will the output be? And for a given combination of inputs, what skill level would be required for each possible output?

Not yet implemented in Goblinary, but here is [edit]rev 2, with resource lists and cost calculator[/edit]. User inputs are on blue background; the recipe can be selected from a drop-down that is too long, or start typing into the cell to filter it. Primary outputs are inside magenta outlines; those values will display "Resource Mismatch" if you have allocated too many or too few resources.

Comments, bug reports, and suggestions preferred using the GDoc comment functionality.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post