Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Unable to connect to either alpha.goblinworks.com or goblinworks.com - DDoS Attack

Thod-Theodum
Unfortunately I have to say - the pain is still here - for me.

Game:
Saturday - no problems
Sunday - apparently DDOS - everyone has problems
Monday - morning okay, problems after 14:00 UK (6am Seattle)
only back to normal Monday late evening. Remember it took me 1 hour to hand over a few items between 2 characters between 18:00 and 19:00 just to get some crafting done. Managed to get 1 computer connected but had problems keeping 2 connected long enough to exchange items which would be <5 min. I was able to play after 22:00 UK for 3 to 3 1/2 hours without problems and hardly any dropped connection - or at least dropped/crash was < half an hour on average so I don't remember it badly.
Tuesday - a lot of dropped connections - up to 10 log out / log in per hour
Wednesday - problems in the afternoon - fine in the evening after my game
Thursday - trying since 1 1/2 hours unsuccessful to get a connection to place a sword into the crafting pool

Webpage:
Tuesday and today hardly any access from work (1 out of 10 attempts loaded the page < 5 min)
Can't remember loading times from home - sometimes working - sometimes no chance at all

I know my WiFi is crappy - so I even bought an Airport Express today to ensure this isn't an issue. No - it isn't just for PFO or I would be upset. Was unhappy with performance of my current box for a long time - but one more issue can be removed from my problems.

Currently I get as far as character selection - after that I'm stuck on connecting to server.

At least it seems I can connect here again. Goblinworks webpage seemed even less reachable for most of the time as the game.

Is the server throttled during Seattle work times? After 23:00 UK (3 pm Seattle) seems the only time I can play as it should be.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Hedrik Holiday
Well, this site has been slow and deathly slow for me - including earlier today - but the web site is now back to a 'normal' responsiveness! Yay!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post