Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

NewCorp Announcement

NewCorp
Despite herculean efforts from all involved, the acquisition will not be completed by August 1, 2016, but everything is still moving forward.

Why did the date slip?  We underestimated the time it would take to work through due diligence for our capital raise. It is remarkably time consuming.  But we are getting closer to our goal. We remain committed to this process, and we are taking over the operating costs of the game in August to reinforce that commitment.

The revised target date for the acquisition is September 1, 2016.

We expect to provide more information about the status of the capital raise by August 15.  Yes, we expect to provide this information before the acquisition is completed.

We continue to read the forums - your ideas and comments are greatly appreciated.

Since things are taking longer than expected, here are a few additional statements for your consideration…

Although not currently planned, if necessary we will give advance notice of changes to current (or previously announced) mechanics and we expect to provide a way for players to make a reasonable transition to any modified mechanics.

Our plan is to significantly improve the new player experience.  This may not affect you directly if you are a veteran player, but it will help you enormously as you recruit new members for your companies and your settlements.  It should increase the membership of newly arriving factions as well…(yes, factions)

Social features will be a priority.

PvP will be an exciting and rewarding aspect of game play but it will not dominate the breadth of activities available to players.  Interesting interactions between PvP and PvE will make the sandbox an extremely rich environment to play in. 

We will be updating the client technology to use version 5+ of the Unity 3D game engine.  There are some very interesting reasons why… but we’ll talk about that more in the future.
Bringslite
Thank you for keeping us in the loop! That is very important for long term trust and I do appreciate it greatly. These added teaser tidbits are very intriguing!
Keep plugging away. Most times the difference between failure and success is commitment and iron tough persistent effort.

Still looking forward to you guys jumping into this sandbox adventure!
Bringslite
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Decius
Thanks for the update. I'm not sure whether to be reassured that changes to mechanics are 'not currently planned', or to be not reassured because no planning regarding changes to mechanics has been done yet.
Azure_Zero
Thanks for the Update.
Maxen
As a member of the senior management team at the company I work for and having gone through the process of acquiring another company, I fully understand the commitment of time and resources needed to acquire a product and make a smooth transition for all parties involved. Your update is greatly appreciated and I will continue to wait patiently as I know you all are working hard to see this through.
Thorgrim Foegrinder
I love how the post keeps getting better and better as you read more. Unity 5? Awesome! My guess is dungeons, whether generated on the fly or not. smile
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Dude this is boss! Awesome
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Drogon
Thanks for the update..hope to hear more details soon on the game plan
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Dreggo
Yes, thanks for the update.
Tyncale
Thanks. I wonder if Settlement sieging/burning down/takeover is still in the plans when I read the part about PvP.

I am thinking that this is the really big elephant in the room when it comes to PvP and its consequences.

For me PFO was always about an interesting mix of PvE meets PvP based on a resource Economy. At the core of it I always figured to be the rise *and* potential fall of the Settlements themselves, to give it all some weight (read, invested players).

I wonder if this is how Newcorp sees it, or wether maybe they have another iteration for the Settlement part in mind. Something less final or brutal maybe? In the past we(someone?) have compared losing a settlement to losing a Titan in EVE: both require a large teameffort to create and both could be completely lost.

But not sure if that comparison holds.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post