Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

pfostorehouse.com Performance Update

Thorgrim Foegrinder
I made some changes that should drastically improve performance for the entire site, but you'll notice the biggest difference when searching for specific resources. Although other changes were made, like how the database is queried, client side caching is going to result in the biggest performance gain, which mainly affects repeat visits to the same page within an hour or so.

http://www.pfostorehouse.com
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Edam
Good news.

Also, could we get a password reset function?

Currently if I forget my password I have to create a new account.
Thorgrim Foegrinder
That can be done, except that email addresses aren't required and there's not really another good way to do it. I agree that it should be implemented - do you think it's better to require email addresses from everyone or only provide password reset functionality for those who voluntarily supply their email address on the account page?
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Edam
Thorgrim Foegrinder
That can be done, except that email addresses aren't required and there's not really another good way to do it. I agree that it should be implemented - do you think it's better to require email addresses from everyone or only provide password reset functionality for those who voluntarily supply their email address on the account page?

The three normal options seem to be:
  • supply an email address at account creation time
  • supply a cell phone number able to receive text messages at account creation time
  • request some sort of challenge response identification (what was your first pets name? etc etc etc) at account creation time

Any will work. Having it as optional for those people that want to enable password reset functionality is a good plan.
Thorgrim Foegrinder
Password reset will be implemented soon. In the meantime, I finished up adding proper icons to the map. Note that there are some obvious errors - please let me know if you find any and I'll make a pass later today and fix as many as I can.

The system keeps track of two things for each hex that affects the color and presence of icons: terrain and hex type. If the background of the hex is white, that means I don't have the terrain data for that hex, and if it's incorrect then obviously the terrain data is wrong. If the icons are incorrect, then the hex type data is wrong. Hex type is something like Monster, Home, Settlement, Wilderness (which has no icon), etc.

I also changed the text of the displayed percentages when looking up where specific resources spawn. It should now be more obvious.

Thorgrim Foegrinder
The password reset feature is complete and live. Note that you must have your email address filled out on your Account page for the feature to work, otherwise it'll just tell you that there is no email associated with that account.

If anyone needs their password reset manually, email me at thorgrim@echowoodsmen.com

Harad Navar
Seems to be down at the moment.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Gross
Its up - now golbinary looks down smile
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
Thorgrim Foegrinder
Hmm, there's nothing in the logs to indicate that it went down. Strange.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post