Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Social/New Player Improvements

Paddy Fitzpatrick
Halfner
New Guy here. Didn't go past my free 2 weeks but I do have a social facilitator concept for you. Why do I have to search all of the hundreds of companies to find one with limited information? Why can't I fill out some preference and circumstance information and have companies contact me?

I am hoping this game gets some love soon. It's not terrible but it's not worth $15/month because it offers fantastic future features.

Some of that stuff is in theory in the search interface, but I am not sure how much of it is functional, if any. It should be made functional and definitely expanded considerably
Thing is though we dont have the ability to fill out those kinds of things in our companies anyway. We gotta have the ability to add those kinds of searchable terms.

So it would be a good idea to add that as well.

Also let us give somewhat longer descriptions too.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Also, some alerts for when people sign up, when feuds are declared by the company, or when a feud is incoming would be nice. Company leaders should be on top of those anyway but it is good to helo make our lives easier.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Maxen
Bringslite, thanks for the support on the OP. smile I should have added, "Want to debate something? Start a new thread." But all the input has been good.

Another one:

Fast(er) travel. Whether it's a point to point horse (similar to speeders in SWTOR) I can rent that has a mechanic for bandits to interrupt travel, or just a plain old horse I can purchase and ride around Golarion. I don't think an Emory Board +5 will grind the callouses off my feet! smile
Midnight
Bringslite
Midnight
Decius
Midnight
The ingame mail system would need to immediately drop all undelivered mailed items back to the sender's vault the moment a siege starts against a settlement. We can't allow mail to hide items from capture.

Sorry if that seems terribly obvious, but I also thought not allowing people to stockpile bulk goods for months before holdings became vulnerable was obvious, and we all know how that went.

Why would mailed items ever not be in a vault?

In most games, mail is it's own "place". In games with limited storage, players game the system by using mail to supplement their storage, so in most games mail isn't in someone's vault. If mail is it's own "place" we need to be sure it isn't used to deny sieging forces the chance to capture the items.

*sigh* If I want to do that. why not simply speed click everything onto an alt and log it out?
Any way that we could avoid debate and just share ideas for improving the Social Dynamic in-game? I am sure that NewCorp can see problems with any idea and work with, around, or discard as impractical.

Debate? I'm not arguing against a mail system. I was just pointing out a possibility that needs to guarded against in implementing it.

I'm glad you have such blind confidence in an anonymous company, but I'm not there yet.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Quijenoth Starkiller
@ Paddy Fitzpatrick - Not sure if you where around before general chat was introduced.

We had hex chat but people found it too limiting (and to quote Ryan "dangerous" ) like you said. However others saw a need for it. When it was mentioned it was getting replaced with general chat it was met with heavy criticism as it broke the feeling of immersion. The hex boundaries are artificial ranges but local chat was always designed as the main form of communication.

General chat was just a temporary fix until we had settlement and company chat. Right now settlement chat isn't getting used because general chat is a thing. I could explain why but that takes this topic into problems with the UI and not specific to Social/New Player Improvements.

link to thread: https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/1931/?page=1

It should be possible to report people directly I agree, however the system should also automate reporting because all to often people will escalate cases in other ways, some will ignore the tells and not report, others will simply log off. Creating a network of abusive activity can give GMs the tools to deal with antisocial behavior quickly and quietly without need to broadcast to the whole server or creating bad press.
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Duffy Swiftshadow
Settlement chat isn't used because we have voice comms and a small population spread across usually a few settlements. I can't see how General Chat realistically replaces Settlement chat. Bringing back Hex Chat could be handy and eventually some alliance level chat.

I'm on the fence about removing General Chat, I see various pros and cons to it at this juncture.
Thorgrim Foegrinder
I'm all for removing General Chat - once the population becomes so big that it's endlessly scrolling due to activity. Until then, it's a necessary tool for communicating with multiple people not on voice comms or from other player groups, or for asking if someone is on who might be on an alt. Once General Chat goes away, we'll need something on the Alliance level. Or, as I suggested near the beginning of the thread, an EVE-style chat system would take care of everything and allow groups to have their own channels independent of what company or settlement they belong to. Trading, grouping up, PvP, tech talk, and more can all have their own channels that people create.
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Good point, the sheer volume will make it unusable at some point.
Decius
Once general chat gets too crowded, the creation of arbitrary channels, a proper friends list, and the ability for players to send and receive private mail properly will all be important.
Bringslite
All Together Now

*PM system for these forums
*"Last Updates In Topics" button also on top of forum page

Direct Social Contact Tools
*An option to see all activity in all channels(or those I choose) that are available to me, in one channel
*In game, Right Click functionality from the chat box, for
-offer to befriend/ability to "hide" if wanted
-unfriend
-trade
-whisper
-reply channel
-reply whisper
-invite to party
-kick from party
-mute/unmute/block
-leave promote to leader a backslash command

*A Binding Contract system
-crafting, delivery, trade, etc…
-As simple as a "mailbox" system or as cool as a piece of "E" paper
-Local direct deposit to customer local vault
-add a tax coin drain to this
-Items or coin in escrow waiting trade completion revert to respective vaults if the settlement is "besieged"

Indirect Social Tools
*Message Boards in the various Taverns and Inns across the lands with controls for the "Owner/s"
*I would like to see the option to put a "maker's mark" on the things I craft if I want.
*Also an option to have a "seller's name" visible on AH listings.
*Hirable NPC town criers for player start areas that blurb short messages at respectable intervals.

Company/Settlement Social Tools
*It's 2016. I would like the ability to customize the various levels in companies with "titles" that we choose rather than recruit –> leader.
*Would like to see leaders able to put sticky messages in "Settlement Chat", even if they are only a server up to server down thing. Preferably longer.
*Ability to limit (by character, company, or settlement) access to and use of all facilities in a settlement.
*More gear color options and make them more distinctively obvious. Would really like at least colors for all of the various Gods available.

Economic Social Tools
*Coin Sinks for as many of the above as is possible
*Ability to set prices for training and AH use at various levels for various groups from low to med to high.
*MORE coin sinks. The economy can never be healthy if players do not frequently NEED coin. Economic interaction is social interaction.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post