Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Escalation Hex fallow time

Aglos
I know this was posted on these boards somewhere, but with no search function it is impossible to locate, so please excuse me asking again here:

When a T1, T2 or T3 escalation is cleared from a hex does the hex lie fallow (no escalation will spawn) for exactly 24, 48 and 72 hours or are those just minimum times the hex will lie fallow before another escalation will spawn? If they are simply minimum times, are there also maximum times or is it possible for a hex to lie fallow for weeks?

Thanks.
Azure_Zero
those are the Minimum times
Bob
The fallow time is the minimum amount of time before another escalation will spawn automatically in that hex, though it should rarely take more than 1-2 hours beyond that minimum for another escalation to launch. The fallow time is also ignored when escalations are started using GM commands, though that is pretty much reserved for big events where I launch an escalation in a bunch of hexes at once.

Technically, the escalation engine goes through all the monster hexes at the top of each hour (and right after returning from downtime) and launches a new escalation in any uninfected monster hex that has been uninfected for the prescribed fallow time. As a result, if a hex is cleared 20 minutes before the hour and has a 12 hour fallow time, then a new escalation will generally launch in that hex in 12 hours and 20 minutes. If that time falls around downtime, then it's possible things get thrown off a bit depending on exactly when the servers go down for daily maintenance and exactly when they come back up.
Edam
Bob
The fallow time is the minimum amount of time before another escalation will spawn automatically in that hex, though it should rarely take more than 1-2 hours beyond that minimum for another escalation to launch. The fallow time is also ignored when escalations are started using GM commands, though that is pretty much reserved for big events where I launch an escalation in a bunch of hexes at once.

Technically, the escalation engine goes through all the monster hexes at the top of each hour (and right after returning from downtime) and launches a new escalation in any uninfected monster hex that has been uninfected for the prescribed fallow time. As a result, if a hex is cleared 20 minutes before the hour and has a 12 hour fallow time, then a new escalation will generally launch in that hex in 12 hours and 20 minutes. If that time falls around downtime, then it's possible things get thrown off a bit depending on exactly when the servers go down for daily maintenance and exactly when they come back up.

There are 12 hour fallow escalations ?
Bob
Edam
There are 12 hour fallow escalations ?

Sorry, bad example, since none are currently set to 12. The raids (Bandit Raid, Float Any River, Goblin Raid and Mercenary Raid) were originally 12, but got raised to 24 quite a while back. Currently, all escalations are set to 24, 48 or 72 hour fallow times. The only exceptions are the Bloodbriar tutorial escalations, which only have 1 minute fallow times so that those hexes never go more than an hour without an escalation running.
Aglos
Thanks Bob.
Seraph
That's good information. I suspected they might respawn at the top of the hour but had never confirmed it. smile
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
Wolf of Rathglen
Oooo a mechanics post, been a while. I just got all tingly again.
Hammerfall: Like a waterfall, but tougher.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post