Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

pfostorehouse.com - Big Update! Company Support

Thorgrim Foegrinder
It's been a long time coming, and it's finally here - support for companies! By "companies", I mean player groups of any size or makeup, and there is support to be a member of as many as you wish. Creating a company is also easy, and both creating and joining companies can be done from the Account page.

I also added some other features, which you'll see throughout the site. The map now has icons, and if you mouseover settlements it'll tell you which settlement it is.

A note on data sharing: You now have the ability to turn off publicly sharing your logs on the Account page. Your logs will also follow you. If you don't share them publicly, and you leave a company, that company will no longer see the data from your logs on the map or resources pages. Besides the public option, the only people who can see your data are members of any company that you're a member of.

Please, play around with it, have fun, and I hope the Storehouse continues to be useful to the community. As always, if you have any feature requests or ideas, or any bugs to report, please let me know.

https://www.pfostorehouse.com
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
malmuerta
Thorgrim,
Thanks for the enhancements to pfostorehourse. With these new features I can see myself using the tool a lot more, and finally posting my "finds" as I go along. Great work on behalf of the PFO community.
Malmooch
Thorgrim Foegrinder
Just a clarification, since it came up in discussion just now. If you choose not to share your data with me, I will not see it, at least not in its aggregate form. The system is now set up so that you are in control of who sees your data. In the near future I'll set it up so that Goblinworks employees can see all of the data, just like they used to be able to when the system was settlement-based last year, but they will be the only ones.
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Drogon
Great work
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Paddy Fitzpatrick
May have to check this bad boy out at some point
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Thorgrim Foegrinder
I'm taking a look at the way that logs are entered. Do you guys like the way it currently is, or do you think a simple alphabetical list with four boxes to the right of each resource, for the prefixes, would be better? In that case, I could set it up so that focus is in the first box (Adamantine Ore {True}) and then tabs that could go first to the right through all four prefixes and then down to the next item (Anagogic Essence {Uncanny}). Right now it's listed alphabetically in each column, which represents each Tier.

As a separate consideration, how do you feel about not displaying things that shouldn't spawn in that hex? For example, mountain hexes do not have scavenger nodes in them, and so there are some things that do not ever drop out of nodes in mountains.

I feel like the logs should be as easy to enter as possible, to encourage more people to submit more logs, and thus enrich the data for themselves and their companies. So what do you guys think is easier?

Thorgrim Foegrinder
I got a request to add a PayPal donation button to the Donate page, so this morning I went ahead and did that. Now there are two options to donate, Stripe and PayPal.

The Eternal Balance
The Balance is not sure if this is possible, but we would like the Storehouse to be more intelligent. Allow us to explain:

When we ask Storehouse to show us where all the Adamantine is (for instance) it tells us that each meteor hex has a 100% chance of giving Adamantine. This is not entirely true however, as you do not get Adamantine on each harvest of a node in those hexes. We understand that it says 100% because it is the only T3 resource in those hexes, but could the program be smarter, so that it knows that if we are a T3 Miner it will show the true % of Adamantine in that hex relative to ALL the mining resources possible to gather there (T1-T3) rather than just relative to T3 resources?

Thank you.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Thorgrim Foegrinder
The Eternal Balance
The Balance is not sure if this is possible, but we would like the Storehouse to be more intelligent. Allow us to explain:

When we ask Storehouse to show us where all the Adamantine is (for instance) it tells us that each meteor hex has a 100% chance of giving Adamantine. This is not entirely true however, as you do not get Adamantine on each harvest of a node in those hexes. We understand that it says 100% because it is the only T3 resource in those hexes, but could the program be smarter, so that it knows that if we are a T3 Miner it will show the true % of Adamantine in that hex relative to ALL the mining resources possible to gather there (T1-T3) rather than just relative to T3 resources?

Thank you.
Excellent idea. It's one I've thought about before. The issue is that the percentages you're talking about are impossible to calculate accurately and are at best a good guess. Let's take the scenario where a Tier 1 gatherer gathers here and there as they move from settlement to settlement, and the hex in question is one of those they've hit. Then you, a Tier 3 gatherer, come along and map that hex. That Tier 1 gatherer has taken some of the Tier 1 resources from the hex, lowering the amount of Tier 1 you'd get when you gather. Thus, the log you submit would not be entirely accurate. With enough data, this discrepancy can be calculated out, but we're talking several orders of magnitude more logs submitted on the Storehouse for that to really work, and even then it'd be a good guess instead of an accurate representation. Instead, the percentages currently shown are within that Node-Tier classification. So, like you mentioned, in the case where the only T3 Mining resource you get is Adamantine, it'll show 100%.

I'm always open to ideas on how to improve the data display, and it's possible that I missed something that would allow me to do what you're asking. Instead, there is other information I can display that would be almost as good. One thing I'd like to work on soon is displaying how many of a resource you can get before it degrades to the next prefix (it would still be a guess, but one much easier to calculate, and it would be much more accurate, than the above). I think that with that information, along with the percentage already displayed, you can do a fairly good job at a glance of judging how good that hex is for that resource.

Fiery
My understanding is that, as long as a Tier is not depleted, you will continue to get the same rates of Tiers until a tier is depleted. If that's true, then any log with all 3 tiers present and no 4th quality materials should be safe for use towards a % breakdown of total hex. Perhaps Bob could verify how the % breakdown works.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post