Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

pfostorehouse.com - Big Update! Company Support

Thorgrim Foegrinder
Fiery
My understanding is that, as long as a Tier is not depleted, you will continue to get the same rates of Tiers until a tier is depleted. If that's true, then any log with all 3 tiers present and no 4th quality materials should be safe for use towards a % breakdown of total hex. Perhaps Bob could verify how the % breakdown works.
That's not how I understand the system works, but if that's the case then I can definitely look into adding that feature. At a glance, I don't see any huge problems, assuming that's how it works. I also hope that Bob can weigh in.
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Bob
I'm not actually sure what the technical details are for that. I'll have to check the code tomorrow.
Fiery
The other logical alternative is likely what Thorgrim believes, that it references what's in the hex currently and pulls based on that ratio.
plopmania
On the subject of code and information: is there a possibility to enable (some reasonable portion) of client side logging (that standard unity stuff). While a full-blown API would be neat for allowing 3rd party support software, I think log parsers might offer a nice midway.

As an example, Hearthstone "mods" like deck trackers operate upon the log file printed by the game.
Thorgrim Foegrinder
plopmania
On the subject of code and information: is there a possibility to enable (some reasonable portion) of client side logging (that standard unity stuff). While a full-blown API would be neat for allowing 3rd party support software, I think log parsers might offer a nice midway.

As an example, Hearthstone "mods" like deck trackers operate upon the log file printed by the game.
If such logs were implemented, I'm fairly certain that a desktop app could be created that could interface with pfostorehouse.com and automatically log the data - even if you just hit nodes in several hexes on your way to a destination.
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Nihimon
Thorgrim, how about an Api to post logs?

POST https://www.pfostorehouse.com/api/logs
{
"Log": {
"X": 0,
"Y": 16,
"Resources": [
{
"Name": "Ordered Essence",
"Purity": "Uncanny",
"Quantity": 200
},
{
"Name": "Resonant Essence",
"Purity": "Uncanny",
"Quantity": 114
},
{
"Name": "Silk",
"Purity": "Superior",
"Quantity": 12
}
]
}
}
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Thorgrim Foegrinder
Yeah, I can do that. It would have to authenticate, though. Either by session ID, which you can get by reading the cookie, or by username/password, but there are some security concerns. Let's get together on TeamSpeak tonight or tomorrow and talk about it.

Bob
I looked into the gathering code and unlike the loot tables, we just throw all the possible resources to gather into one big pile and then pull things out randomly. On the one hand, that means there isn't really a consistent likelihood for pulling T3 resources. On the other hand, that means that you can strategize a bit when gathering.

Suppose a hex starts out with 75% T1, 20% T2 and 5% T3 (not saying any hexes are like that, just easy numbers to work with). If you send a T3 gatherer in at that point, she'll gather 75% T1, 20% T2 and 5% T3 during her time there. However, if you send your T1 gatherers in first, they'll gather 100% T1, since that's all they can gather. In the most extreme case, you could have them strip the hex, leaving it at 80% T2 and 20% T3. Now send in your T2 gatherers, who will gather 100% T2 during their time there, much more efficient than the 79% T1 and 21% T2 they'd have been gathering if they'd gone in initially. Once the T2 resources are stripped, send in your T3 gatherers, who won't waste any time gathering T1 or T2 resources.

Of course, that's a pretty extreme version. But what it illustrates is that if some T1-T2 gatherers have been busy in a hex for a while, then your odds of pulling T3 resources will have gone up a bit. On the other hand, if a T3 gatherer has been busy for a while, it's likely that the odds of pulling anything in particular are probably still roughly the same, unless the gatherer had an interesting string of good or bad luck causing them to pull one tier more or less than expected.

Update: Edited my numbers a tiny bit to correct a mistake. The initial T3 gatherer should have been gathering at 75/20/5 to match the hex's ratios, not at 60/30/10. I had originally written my example at 60/30/10, then changed to make the math easier, but forgot to fix the first gathering numbers.
Fiery
I'm a little confused about the explanation - if you're pulling randomly from the pool of available resources, is there a reason you wouldn't expect it to average out to equal the ratios of tiers that went into making the pool? Are the 60, 30, and 10% numbers for that given distribution of resources within the pool the actual numbers I could expect, or an example of a subset of information one had might actually pull from it?

I believe what you're saying is that the pulls are truly random, and don't follow set ratios - there isn't some quote of T1 that gets pulled before you start gathering a larger amount of T2, and doesn't follow relatively strict ratios like I thought. If that's the case, Thorgrim's assumption is correct and collating gathering data to determine the original % distribution becomes more challenging…but should still be possible. Any records that contain all of the same quality should be relatively accurate enough to average out over time.
Bob
If you're a T3 gatherer, then you're pulling randomly from all the available resources, and things should indeed be expected to stay pretty close to their original ratios. However, if you're a T1 or T2 gatherer, then you're only pulling from a subset of the available resources. As a result, you're reducing the percentage of the things you can gather relative to the percentage of the things you can't gather, throwing the ratios off. As a result, if some T1-2 gatherers hit the hex before you did, you'll be reporting a higher percentage of T3 resources than that hex would typically have. If that's happening consistently, then the ratios may stay relatively consistent over time. If it's happening inconsistently, then the numbers could bounce around a fair amount.

The 60/30/10 numbers were just meant as an example, not to say that hexes are anywhere close to that ratio. Unfortunately, I also used those numbers incorrectly. I wrote my original example at 60/30/10, then realized the math would be easier at 75/25/5. Unfortunately, I forgot to correct the first gathering example. I've edited my original post to fix that.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post