Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

pfostorehouse.com - Big Update! Company Support

Decius
While we're near the subject: The observed behavior of nodes is that there are some number of spots where nodes can spawn, and when a node is taken another of that type immediately spawns on one of the open spots. The number of active nodes of each type appears to remain constant.

How much variance within a hex type is in the number of nodes of each type? The techniques I would use to count them properly are labor-intensive, and repeating them for every hex would be prohibitively time-consuming.
Fiery
OK, that makes sense. So Thorgrim seems correct in his assumptions, though it seems to me that pulling subsets of data that are all of the same tier would be a reasonable way to approximate the overall pool given a sufficient sample size.
Fiery
Decius
While we're near the subject: The observed behavior of nodes is that there are some number of spots where nodes can spawn, and when a node is taken another of that type immediately spawns on one of the open spots. The number of active nodes of each type appears to remain constant.

How much variance within a hex type is in the number of nodes of each type? The techniques I would use to count them properly are labor-intensive, and repeating them for every hex would be prohibitively time-consuming.

Nevermind.
Bob
Decius

Basically correct.

Decius

The numbers are set based on the terrain type (Coastlands, Mountains, Woodlands), and they vary quite a bit between terrain types. But any two Coastlands hexes should have the same numbers for each node type.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post