Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Question about Beneficial Attacks/Utilities matching Keywords

Nihimon
Some Attacks and many Utilities include Beneficial in their effects. What is the benefit of matching Keywords on your Gear when this is the case?
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Stephen Cheney
Effect Power
Dazyk of Phaeros
So take, for example, tumble, which we know from the data has the following effect:

Dodging 2 Rounds to self

Is that the base effect? (At +0 keywords)
What would the effect be on the effect power by additional keyword?

Any way we could get the progressions for all of the utilities?

Sorry Stephen, I know you guys are stupid busy…
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Stephen Cheney
You have level 1 Tumble. It activates 1 keyword (Lithe), but you are not wearing any gear with that keyword. You are wearing basic armor and matching the single keyword for it. Your Effect Power for Tumble is 0 and your Effect Protection is 1. Tumble actually only lasts 10.8 seconds instead of 12 (because it's losing 10%).

You have level 6 Tumble and have slotted all of its keywords. The minor keywords count for 1 point of Effect Power, and the majors count for 4, so with maxed keywords you have 12 Effect Power. Even though you've gotten a whole bunch of gear to support Tumble, for some reason you're only wearing fairly minimal Tier 2 armor, and your total Effect Protection is 6 (from matching Masterwork and a couple of minor keywords). Your Effect Power of 12 vs. your Effect Protection of 6 means you're up 60%. Your Tumble actually lasts 19.2 seconds instead of 12.

You have level 6 Tumble with all the gear it's looking for and a maxed out armor feat with all the gear it's looking for. Both Effect Power and Effect Protection are 12. Your Tumble lasts for the listed duration (2 rounds aka 12 seconds) because EPow and EPro are equal.
Nihimon
Many thanks for spelling that out, Stephen.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Dazyk of Phaeros
Yes, thank you Stephen!
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Decius
So, should Evade 1 do something different when I'm wearing Hide Sandals as opposed to nothing? My testing has shown zero change in the distance evaded and the time of the buff.
Dazyk of Phaeros
Do you mean Evasion, the utility?

If I'm understanding Stephen correctly, it will depend on what armour you are wearing (and subsequently, what keywords match armour/armour feat) because it is a self target buff.

If that is correct, and you are matching 1/1 with armour/hide sandals (therefore 1/1 Effect Power/Protection) and 1/0 without the sandals (therefore 0/1 Effect Power/Protection), meaning there would (should) be a 10% difference when you are NOT wearing the sandals.

10% of 20 metres is 2 metres and 10% of 1 round (6 seconds) is 0 (rounded down)… is it possible that it is just hard to tell the difference?

Stephen Cheney
I need to check with Cole to determine whether he put any variables as scalable other than time and stacks. I don't think distances are affected, which is why all the 0 damage effects tend to have something with a stack size or duration rather than just a movement effect.

Rounds should be adjusted as if they were six seconds. Losing 10% should take them down to 5.4 seconds which might, indeed, be hard to notice the difference.
Decius
Is Evasion having the Beneficial thing confounding the measurement in any way?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post