Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

PvP Window Duration Bug

Nihimon
Current (Aug. 15) = 0200-0305
Next (Aug. 22) = 0200-0305
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Huran
A weekly PVP window change is something I could get on board with. I also like the idea of having it displayed in the format Nihimon has suggested.

I have never been a fan of mid-feud window changes for pretty much all the same reasons Paddy said.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Duffy Swiftshadow
Awkward side to that is that most significant PvP activity is aimed at weekends which means the initial attack will warn the defenders and give them a chance to change it pretty quickly.
Edam
Duffy Swiftshadow
Awkward side to that is that most significant PvP activity is aimed at weekends which means the initial attack will warn the defenders and give them a chance to change it pretty quickly.

Just make the weekly census date a Thursday then smile
Duffy Swiftshadow
Good point, centering the time-frame on the weekend and making the swap day like Wednesday or something makes sense.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I'm guessing that many of the things under discussion are only valid in the context of what we have today, which is a zombie. If an alliance today has only 6-20 people logging in with any semblance of regularity, and the most they can manage to field on any given weekend is maybe six to ten of those (if they pick exactly the right time), talk about locking up PVP windows will destroy any possibility of actual "play" for another significant chunk of the few people still here.

If the game is successful, and draws at least the 1000+ people per settlement that the mechanics are designed for, then there will be little need to change windows around. Groups will have a relatively stable curve of players through the week, and they will always know when their PvP window will be defendable. As it stands, if even two of the current people are unavailable during the theoretical locked window, that's a reduction of around 25% of defending force.

By the time the devs are prepared to code changes to PvP to lock windows or provide complex rules for changing them, if we still have a dozen people showing up to attack half a dozen, I suspect we shouldn't be here at all. If we have 50 or a hundred attacking, then the window probably doesn't need locking.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Nihimon
Duffy Swiftshadow

If someone changes their PvP Window on Sunday, August 21st, that change shouldn't take effect until Monday, August 29th. That's not "pretty quickly" in my book.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Duffy Swiftshadow
Nihimon
Duffy Swiftshadow

If someone changes their PvP Window on Sunday, August 21st, that change shouldn't take effect until Monday, August 29th. That's not "pretty quickly" in my book.

I must have misunderstood, so there's always a week lag time no matter when you change it? That could work.
Decius
Not "at the start of the week set the window for the entire week" but "today lock in the window for the seventh day in the future".
Duffy Swiftshadow
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I'm guessing that many of the things under discussion are only valid in the context of what we have today, which is a zombie. If an alliance today has only 6-20 people logging in with any semblance of regularity, and the most they can manage to field on any given weekend is maybe six to ten of those (if they pick exactly the right time), talk about locking up PVP windows will destroy any possibility of actual "play" for another significant chunk of the few people still here.

If the game is successful, and draws at least the 1000+ people per settlement that the mechanics are designed for, then there will be little need to change windows around. Groups will have a relatively stable curve of players through the week, and they will always know when their PvP window will be defendable. As it stands, if even two of the current people are unavailable during the theoretical locked window, that's a reduction of around 25% of defending force.

By the time the devs are prepared to code changes to PvP to lock windows or provide complex rules for changing them, if we still have a dozen people showing up to attack half a dozen, I suspect we shouldn't be here at all. If we have 50 or a hundred attacking, then the window probably doesn't need locking.

It still matters as it's just a matter of scale. While the numbers across multiple time zones provide some protection from any group smaller than you, when the big forces clash you want the time you can bring the most to bear and that's gonna have some specific time-frame unless you managed to recruit close to evenly across all time-zones. On the flip-side if you're always outnumbered then it might not matter much to you either way, but in a close fight it matters immensely. As a defender I rather have 1000 vs 1000 at my prime-time than 700 v 800 on my off time.

It's still a big deal in EvE I'm sure it will be a big deal here, scale doesn't really change the problem it just takes some of the edge off if you happen to be able to field comparable sizes.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post