Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

A missing Feature

Bringslite
I would like to see a Weapon and Shield feature line. Bring shield use out of the dog house. Provide an avenue to raise Con via a feature that is it's own.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
MidniteArrow
I think Nijah is one of the few committed to sword-and-board in the game. Lack of good options to raise CON is pretty irritating. Had to put the board away for over a year just to raise con.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]
Edam
MidniteArrow
I think Nijah is one of the few committed to sword-and-board in the game. Lack of good options to raise CON is pretty irritating. Had to put the board away for over a year just to raise con.

Edam has almost 17 CON with no shield feats and minimal crafting. Just gathering at high T2 (mining), good hitpoints, lots of encumbrance bonus, fortitude etc etc
The Eternal Balance
Yes, we are also Balanced in our ability scores.

Con is no harder to raise then any other.

There is Balance.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
MidniteArrow
17 is not the problem, she's there with mostly useful skills. 20, not so easy. Armor training 5 requires 30 con. Unless something changes, she'll have to dump a LOT of XP into useless skills (to her) just to gate.

Like the OP stated, there should be a feature feat that is geared toward 1-h weapons and a shield, and it should give strength and con. Well, there should probably be a pair, one for str/con and one for dex/con, depending on your main weapon. But longsword takes str.

The "weapon" she wields is sword+shield. Picking up a T3 weapon+shield should be about as costly as picking up any other T3 weapon. But it isn't. It costs a LOT more xp.

There isn't, so the shield users are at a big disadvantage. It is NOT balanced. I've had to do nothing of the sort on my wizard.
MidniteArrow
@Edam: She's doing mining as well, and that's really her only dump feat. But that's a lot of XP for a dump feat.
Seraph
Examples of this are all over the game. Ultimately there are ways to get any attribute to any level without ever wasting a point of XP (assuming you are willing to do crafting/refining and gathering), but some take much longer than others.

I say this in pretty much every crowdforging thread, but I think we need more feats all around that do meaningful things to help shape our characters. Some of them should help these poor sword and board types to raise their CON without having to buy feats they don't want.

Personally I think shields should also boost physical defense just for having one slotted, too.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
Darmok
That I consider an issue. Most people starting out in PFO envision themselves as a Wizard or Fighter or Cleric or what have you. But sooner or later, you need to be a Gather or Crafter or both for such characters to pass through gates. And to some people (I am not one of them), being forced to spend XP and then actual DO gathering or crafting to pass through gates is annoying and frustrating, particularly if they just want to be purely a Wizard or Fighter or what have you and not doing any gathering or crafting.

As it stands now, it is impossible to get to Level 20 in a roles of Wizard, Cleric, Fighter, Rogue without undertaking some other activity (like gathering or crafting) that some players may view as being forced upon them. And it is not a level playing field. Some attributes are easier to raise than other. Strength in comparison to Personality for example.
Steward of Fort Ouroboros
erekose56@gmail.com
Bringslite
Just by virtue of being a fighting style it deserves a Feature line. I have high con characters that can use T3 tokens. It's great! To bad I don't use T3 gathers much for tough 2.5 escalations and/or PVP.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Huran
I ran into this problem as well. Admittedly I was a bit panicked when I looked at the Goblinary and seen the archer feat requiring higher than 14 con. I was pleasantly surprised to see that is not actually a requirement in game. I don't use a shield and will never use a shield so getting con boosts are rather interesting.

I found I was able to get a con of 14 before having to branch over into either shield feats, gathering or crafting/refining. In the end, I decided to pick up a refining skill and applied it to a background story for RP why my fighter could tan leathers.

I could see why some would be frustrated not having a pure combat string of feats for their required attributes.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post