Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 11.4 Preliminary Release Notes

Bob
The first Release Candidate for EE 11.4 was deployed to Zog this morning. I just ran through the standard smoke test for it and everything's looking good. I'll be testing out the specific changes listed in the Preliminary Release Notes over the next few days. Assuming the build holds up well through those tests and over the weekend, we're planning to deploy to Live during Daily Maintenance (9-10 AM Pacific) on Tuesday, August 30.

Most of the changes are much easier for me to test using GM commands, but for those of you who have a chance to check out the build, it's always useful to have as many people as possible log in, kill some monsters, craft some items, and just generally try to do the kinds of things you do when playing on Live. If you need any help setting something up or even just getting access to the Test Servers, drop me a line at customer.support@goblinworks.com.
Bob
Edam
Good Stuff.

On the subject of Improved Blessing and Greater Blessing. It seems rather odd the T3 variant (Greater) loses the favored bonus.

I believe Empowered is just a better version of Favored, so they wind up being redundant. It looks like Blessing gives you Favored for a short time, Improved Blessing gives you the much better Empowered for a short time followed by Favored for a short time, and then Greater Blessing gives you Empowered for a long time. It reads a little oddly, but the end result is that you're getting more of the same basic effects for a longer time as you ramp Blessing up.
Bob
Stilachio Thrax
Looks good! Now a quick question for 11.5 smile - Would it be possible to separate the switching of implements from the switching of weapons? There are many times I want to switch between a trophy charm and a holy symbol, but I don't want to switch away from my sword to a bow or focus (or vice versa).

My problem is usually the opposite, where I'm switching between sword and bow regularly, then forget that I've changed my implement as a result and don't have access to that healing maneuver I need right now… and I'm dead.

I've filed a feature request to look into that system, but there are definitely a lot of design considerations involved, and more than a trivial amount of code work.
Decius
If you can afford the redundancy, you can slot duplicate weapons or implements. Being able to change the two independently would be a design decision that started with understanding the previous design better than I do.

Why are there two implement slots, when the role features only really support the use of one implement type?
Duffy Swiftshadow
Ability to modify loadout, the Wizard and Clerics often run double Book/Symbol with different loadouts to get full matching. I'm running Rogue Kit/Trophy Charm with 1/2 match on the Trophy Charm from Fighter/Rogue cross over. Both are pretty valid loadout concepts.
Ravenlute
Bob
Trade: Though extremely unlikely to happen without using GM teleport commands now that characters can’t move while the Trade Window is open, contents of the Trade Window are now properly returned to both characters if either character switches hexes.

Still good due to certain mobs (Elementals) and player abilities (Hydraulic Push) being able to move others around against their will. Unlikely, but good all the same.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Bob
Ravenlute
Bob
Trade: Though extremely unlikely to happen without using GM teleport commands now that characters can’t move while the Trade Window is open, contents of the Trade Window are now properly returned to both characters if either character switches hexes.

Still good due to certain mobs (Elementals) and player abilities (Hydraulic Push) being able to move others around against their will. Unlikely, but good all the same.

Good point.
Edam
Bob
Stilachio Thrax
Looks good! Now a quick question for 11.5 smile - Would it be possible to separate the switching of implements from the switching of weapons? There are many times I want to switch between a trophy charm and a holy symbol, but I don't want to switch away from my sword to a bow or focus (or vice versa).

My problem is usually the opposite, where I'm switching between sword and bow regularly, then forget that I've changed my implement as a result and don't have access to that healing maneuver I need right now… and I'm dead.

I've filed a feature request to look into that system, but there are definitely a lot of design considerations involved, and more than a trivial amount of code work.

Alternatively let us key bind specific expendable slots. Basically so if you hit the key for Intensify or whatever it will change to the appropriate implement if necessary and then fire the expendable.

The same thing would also help with attack combos as currently setting up a state with one weapon and then switching to the other to attack is quite unwieldy.
Bob
Decius
Why are there two implement slots, when the role features only really support the use of one implement type?

Based on reviewing various design docs and blog posts, we apparently intended to allow players to carry multiple implements from the beginning. Of course, being allowed to carry two different implements is very different from being able to fully take advantage of two different implements, since currently your role feat will only align with one of the implements, but you're free to mix and match as you like.

Interestingly, it turns out we always intended for players to be able to switch between implements separately from switching between weapons. Given that, I've put it on the list of things to do, but I'm still not sure exactly how much work will be involved or where it will wind up on the priority list.
Edam
Bob
Edam
Good Stuff.

On the subject of Improved Blessing and Greater Blessing. It seems rather odd the T3 variant (Greater) loses the favored bonus.

I believe Empowered is just a better version of Favored, so they wind up being redundant. It looks like Blessing gives you Favored for a short time, Improved Blessing gives you the much better Empowered for a short time followed by Favored for a short time, and then Greater Blessing gives you Empowered for a long time. It reads a little oddly, but the end result is that you're getting more of the same basic effects for a longer time as you ramp Blessing up.
Fair enough … though some attacks have states triggered by favored (Srike of Sacred Strength and Sanctified are examples). Does empowered count as favored in those situations?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post