Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 11.4 Preliminary Release Notes

Bob
Edam
Alternatively let us key bind specific expendable slots. Basically so if you hit the key for Intensify or whatever it will change to the appropriate implement if necessary and then fire the expendable.

The same thing would also help with attack combos as currently setting up a state with one weapon and then switching to the other to attack is quite unwieldy.

Probably more complicated to implement, but that would be an interesting power feature. I put in a feature request for it, though it's probably something that would fall in line behind a lot of bug fixes and added features.
Edam
Edam
Bob
Edam
Good Stuff.

On the subject of Improved Blessing and Greater Blessing. It seems rather odd the T3 variant (Greater) loses the favored bonus.

I believe Empowered is just a better version of Favored, so they wind up being redundant. It looks like Blessing gives you Favored for a short time, Improved Blessing gives you the much better Empowered for a short time followed by Favored for a short time, and then Greater Blessing gives you Empowered for a long time. It reads a little oddly, but the end result is that you're getting more of the same basic effects for a longer time as you ramp Blessing up.
Fair enough … though some attacks have states triggered by favored (Srike of Sacred Strength and Sanctified are examples). Does empowered count as favored in those situations?
Actually, on second thoughts, what really should happen is states triggered by a weaker version like favored should also be triggered by the stronger version. It makes no sense that a stronger version no longer triggers meaning you need both.

Either:
  • if the strong version of an effect also triggers change the feat wordings to reflect this
  • or if the stronger versions do not trigger consider changing this mechanic so they do
Bob
Edam
Fair enough … though some attacks have states triggered by favored (Srike of Sacred Strength and Sanctified are examples). Does empowered count as favored in those situations?

Sadly, no, it checks for the specific state. I've added a bug to look into that.
Bringslite
So how about a weapon and shield feature request?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Bringslite

I've thrown in a feature request for that, but role feats take a lot of planning to get right, and usually hook into multiple other feats and items. Still, it would be cool to find a way to make shield use a more distinct role, possibly with some appropriate new expendables and other goodies.
Edam
Bob
Bringslite

I've thrown in a feature request for that, but role feats take a lot of planning to get right, and usually hook into multiple other feats and items. Still, it would be cool to find a way to make shield use a more distinct role, possibly with some appropriate new expendables and other goodies.

For me the biggest issue with shields is they replace all my longsword secondaries which include my best attacks.

To be honest all we need is the freedom to select either a shield or a weapon attack separately in each of the six slots. If I could mix and match one or two shield attacks randomly in amongst the longsword ones (instead of just replacing all my longsword secondaries) I would be much more inclined to equip a shield.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Shield is treated the same as dual wielding, you just wield the shield in the offhand. Making it different poses some issues, that said shields probably need some love anyways to make them more better choices. Right now their big highlight is a pretty spammable interrupt and some conditional stun.
Maxen
Duffy Swiftshadow
Shield is treated the same as dual wielding, you just wield the shield in the offhand. Making it different poses some issues, that said shields probably need some love anyways to make them more better choices. Right now their big highlight is a pretty spammable interrupt and some conditional stun.

And when you think about it, that's really what they are supposed to be used for. As someone who fought with the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) for several years, I can tell you first hand there isn't a whole lot you can do with a 10 pound shield attached to your arm. In tabletop, we think of a shield simply as an addition to Armor Class making your character harder to hit, but mechanically, it's used to interrupt your opponents attacks. Or if you're lucky, get in a shield slam. I think PfO's current approach to shields is a little more realistic. I ended up fighting dual weapon with a long and short sword because the shield was too restrictive.

But I know…this is fantasy. smile I don't currently use a shield in game because I love Whirlwind Attack. smile
harneloot
Hey Bob, since people are throwing out requests, how about stocking the five lion hexes that have ZERO T3 resources with a few black Pearls or Kermes Beetles or something?
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Duffy Swiftshadow
harneloot
Hey Bob, since people are throwing out requests, how about stocking the five lion hexes that have ZERO T3 resources with a few black Pearls or Kermes Beetles or something?

Unless their are others I'm unaware of to my knowledge only the permanent T1 starter Lions don't have T3 resources (and I think Bob mentioned something aobut them in the recent past), this includes the eventual ones around Fort Inevitable.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post