Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 11.4 Preliminary Release Notes

Bob
We've found some small issues with the current build of EE 11.4, so we're fixing those and plan to put a new Final Candidate up on Zog next Monday or Tuesday. Assuming we don't find anything else substantial, that build won't need more than a day or two up on Zog since there will only be minor, easily tested differences between that build and the current build. If nothing turns up in that build, then we'll probably still be able to deploy 11.4 to Live sometime next week.

I've edited the original post to take the second Final Candidate build into account.

Bringslite
Bob
We've found some small issues with the current build of EE 11.4, so we're fixing those and plan to put a new Final Candidate up on Zog next Monday or Tuesday. Assuming we don't find anything else substantial, that build won't need more than a day or two up on Zog since there will only be minor, easily tested differences between that build and the current build. If nothing turns up in that build, then we'll probably still be able to deploy 11.4 to Live sometime next week.

I've edited the original post to take the second Final Candidate build into account.
Good catch. We appreciate you doing it right and your commitment to that. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Edam
For me the biggest issue with shields is they replace all my longsword secondaries which include my best attacks.

To be honest all we need is the freedom to select either a shield or a weapon attack separately in each of the six slots. If I could mix and match one or two shield attacks randomly in amongst the longsword ones (instead of just replacing all my longsword secondaries) I would be much more inclined to equip a shield.

As others pointed out, this is an interesting issue for all offhand weapons, since the choice of which weapon goes in the main hand and which weapon goes in the offhand restricts which attacks can be primary and which can be secondary.

I suspect this restriction has been heavily used to deal with some of the balance issues that can crop up with dual-wielding, and to better distinguish the combat roles of a player with a single one-handed weapon vs. one also carrying a shield. Any changes would require careful consideration, but I agree there are some opportunities to improve on the current implementation. I'll file a feature request to review the system for offhand weapons, particularly for shields, with all the comments made here kept in mind, but it's likely to be a while before we can really dig into this.
Bob
harneloot
Hey Bob, since people are throwing out requests, how about stocking the five lion hexes that have ZERO T3 resources with a few black Pearls or Kermes Beetles or something?

That's toward the top of the bug list, but is a pretty involved change for me to make in a balanced way. It didn't make it into 11.4 in large part because we were focusing on much less risky fixes, but hopefully I'll be able to work it into a build soon.
Bringslite
Bob
Edam
For me the biggest issue with shields is they replace all my longsword secondaries which include my best attacks.

To be honest all we need is the freedom to select either a shield or a weapon attack separately in each of the six slots. If I could mix and match one or two shield attacks randomly in amongst the longsword ones (instead of just replacing all my longsword secondaries) I would be much more inclined to equip a shield.

As others pointed out, this is an interesting issue for all offhand weapons, since the choice of which weapon goes in the main hand and which weapon goes in the offhand restricts which attacks can be primary and which can be secondary.

I suspect this restriction has been heavily used to deal with some of the balance issues that can crop up with dual-wielding, and to better distinguish the combat roles of a player with a single one-handed weapon vs. one also carrying a shield. Any changes would require careful consideration, but I agree there are some opportunities to improve on the current implementation. I'll file a feature request to review the system for offhand weapons, particularly for shields, with all the comments made here kept in mind, but it's likely to be a while before we can really dig into this.
That works just fine. We know the list is neither short nor overly full of easy things to do. In the current situation we should also be smart enough to know that you guys have to choose based on what you can do and how it all fits together overall.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
harneloot
Bob
harneloot
Hey Bob, since people are throwing out requests, how about stocking the five lion hexes that have ZERO T3 resources with a few black Pearls or Kermes Beetles or something?

That's toward the top of the bug list, but is a pretty involved change for me to make in a balanced way. It didn't make it into 11.4 in large part because we were focusing on much less risky fixes, but hopefully I'll be able to work it into a build soon.

Awesome, thanks!
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Bob
A new Final Candidate went up on Zog this morning. We took advantage of the need to make a new build to add in another small fix we'd been working on, so the Auction House will now sort Inventory, Local Vault, Sell Orders and Bids alphabetically. I've edited the original post to take those changes into account.

Assuming this build passes all our tests and survives being on Zog for the next couple days, we plan to deploy 11.4 to the Live Servers during Daily Maintenance (9-10 AM Pacific) on Friday, September 2. If anyone needs help accessing the Test Servers or testing any particular functionality there, send an email to customer.support@goblinworks.com and I'll get you set up.
Bringslite
Thank You! That is a good pick for a quickie fix.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Decius
On the point of small last-minute changes, should Pommel (Physical Attack) have "Stun (2 Seconds) if Target is Dazed, Removes Open to Self if Target is Frightened, Shrug Off if Target is Frightened" or "Stun (2 Seconds) if Target is Dazed, Removes Open to Self if Target is Frightened, Shrug Off to self if Target is Frightened"
Bob
Decius
On the point of small last-minute changes, should Pommel (Physical Attack) have "Stun (2 Seconds) if Target is Dazed, Removes Open to Self if Target is Frightened, Shrug Off if Target is Frightened" or "Stun (2 Seconds) if Target is Dazed, Removes Open to Self if Target is Frightened, Shrug Off to self if Target is Frightened"

That does look pretty suspicious, though I'd have to do some more research on it to be sure, and I've filed a bug to do so. Assuming it should be "to self" the fix would be pretty easy, but would still require another build, so we'd only add it to 11.4 if we need to make another build (which hopefully won't happen) and if it also turned out to be convenient to make that fix at the same time. Otherwise, it will have to wait for a later update.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post