Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Free Trial Program Ending

Bob
Although free trials have been a useful recruiting tool and offered a great introduction to the game for many of our subscribers, the program has also introduced some balance issues and customer support challenges that would require significant work for us to deal with properly. For the time-being, we've turned off the ability to start new free trials, so any new accounts will have to purchase at least one month of subscription time before being able to log in to the game.

We've learned a lot of lessons from this program that we'll be keeping in mind when making future design and marketing decisions. I'm sure we'll learn additional lessons in the days to come as a result of ending the program, probably many of them right here in this forum. smile
Hobson Fiffledown
Any thoughts about reversing the never-subbed trial accounts' effect on company influence caps? That would be a nice start to evening out some balance issues.
This space for rent.
Gagnrath
+100
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Hobson Fiffledown
Any thoughts about reversing the never-subbed trial accounts' effect on company influence caps? That would be a nice start to evening out some balance issues.

Wait until they redo the influence mechanics first IMO, THEN rebalance influence.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Bringslite
A good move.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Paddy Fitzpatrick
That said, should reduce the whole creating new accounts all over the place at least.
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Gagnrath
75% or more of all the influence currently in the game is from inactive accounts and/or people who either only played for a week or two or perhaps never even played at all i.e. accounts created solely for the purpose of padding the max influence of companies.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Gagnrath
75% or more of all the influence currently in the game is from inactive accounts and/or people who either only played for a week or two or perhaps never even played at all i.e. accounts created solely for the purpose of padding the max influence of companies.

Which if we end that prematurely will basically make pretty much every company incapable of putting up or doing much of anything right now.

Patience, all of these things will be fixed in time and I agree it's stupid that this is even a thing. However, unless we wanna destroy what little people are able to accomplish right now with such a small pop there are much bigger fish to fry first.
Find us on PFO Discord
Gagnrath
Like a substantive 9/1 update from NewCorp?
Paddy Fitzpatrick
I have also always said influence should be based on something else entirely. In MMOs people come and go all the time, it's just the nature of these kinds of games, so you're gonna make influence caps dependent on such a fickle thing like that?

On average it may sort of work out in the long run but the fluctuations could easily happen too often for companies to be able to properly budget their influence well. I think influence caps are a good idea but make it based on something more stable than number of toons in the first place and then problem solved.
Find us on PFO Discord

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post