Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 11.4 Release Notes

Bob
Midnight
When at the auction house, when I go to sell and it displays my vault items, they aren't color coded by tier the way they are in my inventory and my vault.

Do other people experience this, or is it a bug I am experiencing?

How difficult is it to show those item color coded in the auction house sell window?

The auction house uses text color to show the selection state for each item, with white for highlighted (cursor over item), green for selected, and yellowish for everything else. The standard inventory and vault windows don't actually use a selection mechanism (clicking on an item acts on that item, depositing it or withdrawing it, but doesn't select the item for future actions), so text color can be used for value instead. We may eventually want to rethink some of these UI mechanics, but it's definitely not as easy as turning on the value color coding in this case.

On a really nitpicky note, just to avoid any confusion, the color coding in the inventory and vault (and other similar cases) isn't by tier, at least not exactly. It's actually by projected value of the item. As a result, some high-end T1 stuff is colored the same as most low-end T2, and the same goes for high-end T2 colored like low-end T3. There's a feature request floating around to consider simplifying this and just coloring items by tier, but it hasn't risen to the top of the list yet.

You are a Troll
Bob
On a really nitpicky note, just to avoid any confusion, the color coding in the inventory and vault (and other similar cases) isn't by tier, at least not exactly. It's actually by projected value of the item. As a result, some high-end T1 stuff is colored the same as most low-end T2, and the same goes for high-end T2 colored like low-end T3. There's a feature request floating around to consider simplifying this and just coloring items by tier, but it hasn't risen to the top of the list yet.

Could you clarify what was originally meant by *projected value* of the raw mats? Is it total scarcity of the material on the server or projected usefulness or something else?

For the record, I actually really like the overlapping color scheme and think it would be a shame to simplify it (dumb it down?) in into simply one color per tier.
Bringslite
With placement and amount distributions having been changed and adjusted at least a few times on top of what players actually do with and sell the stuff for, I have my doubts that pre game "projected values" means anything close to what ACTUALLY is happening. That pretty much throws a hammer into the cogs of any predetermined color coding based on projected values.
Edit: Materials values are fluid. Level numbers are not fluid.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Midnight
Bob
Midnight
When at the auction house, when I go to sell and it displays my vault items, they aren't color coded by tier the way they are in my inventory and my vault.

Do other people experience this, or is it a bug I am experiencing?

How difficult is it to show those item color coded in the auction house sell window?

The auction house uses text color to show the selection state for each item, with white for highlighted (cursor over item), green for selected, and yellowish for everything else. The standard inventory and vault windows don't actually use a selection mechanism (clicking on an item acts on that item, depositing it or withdrawing it, but doesn't select the item for future actions), so text color can be used for value instead. We may eventually want to rethink some of these UI mechanics, but it's definitely not as easy as turning on the value color coding in this case.

Well, those selection state colors seem kind of important, so… carry on. I'll adapt.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Bob
You are a Troll
Could you clarify what was originally meant by *projected value* of the raw mats? Is it total scarcity of the material on the server or projected usefulness or something else?

For the record, I actually really like the overlapping color scheme and think it would be a shame to simplify it (dumb it down?) in into simply one color per tier.

For the raw mats, projected value was based on projected demand (how much of that material we expected would get used up per day) relative to projected supply (how much of that material we expected to get gathered per day). Scarcity reduces supply, raising projected value, but some scarce resources could also have low demand (don't go into many recipes, those recipes result in more niche items), resulting in a lower projected value.

Part of the problem with color-coding by projected value (technically, it's color-coded by the Quality number, but that's sort of an abstracted number that's related to the projected value of that item relative to other items of the same type) is that projected value likely won't match up well to actual value (what you can get for that item in the auction house) in our dynamic, player-driven economy. As a result, we have to decide between displaying useful-but-somewhat-misleading colors or accurate-but-over-simplified colors. I admit my sympathies tend toward accuracy.
Daer
Bob,

Couldn't you just create an aggregate of the 2 concepts. Grey/White is low/high T1, Green/Blue is low/high T2 and Purple/Red/Yellow would be low/med/high T3?
Settlement Leader : Talonguard

Killing, Dying and Healing.. and can't figure out which I am doing at any time!
You are a Troll
Daer
Bob,

Couldn't you just create an aggregate of the 2 concepts. Grey/White is low/high T1, Green/Blue is low/high T2 and Purple/Red/Yellow would be low/med/high T3?

There is a yellow color for Mats?
Decius
Daer
Bob,

This.
Bringslite
You are a Troll
Daer
Bob,

There is a yellow color for Mats?
There is gold color for some of all high end things
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Daer

That is definitely a possibility. When I get a chance to look at this issue more closely, I'll see if there's a meaningful, clear, objective basis for including some gradation inside each tier.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post