Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Some Questions To Spark POSITIVE Forum Activity

Wolf of Rathglen
1.) What is the first thing NewCorp should do?
2.) Wherever it falls on the priority list, what should the next class be?
3.) If you were dev for a day how would you leave your mark on the game?
4.) Say something nice about someone you recently pvped or competed against.
Hammerfall: Like a waterfall, but tougher.
Wolf of Rathglen

Kill Epow. Total attack and defense already regulate interactions between higher and lower xp/gear- Epow is redundant and only brings problems. Like when you improve your armor suddenly all your buffs and heals become weaker, wtf with that. Who wants to spend xp on anything that will become useless the moment you improve your character one little bit?

Social mechanics and bringing people into the game IS important, but I hardly see a point to it if Epow making half your skills weaker when you improve the other half is what they will see. Kill Epow the game gets a lot better, more fun, and closer to Pathfinder.

Bard. We already have parts of bard, barbarian, and paladin coded in the game so they would theoretically take the least development to implement, but the other two reproduce melee damage and melee damage/off-heal roles that are already in the game. Bard brings a new element to group activities in pve and pvp.

In pen and paper days I had a concept for a Bumbling Wizard class, sort of like the drunken kung fu of fantasy rpg before I even saw the drunken kung fu movies. Their spell counterparts seem similar to regular wizards at first glance, but then go wildly screwball. Wall of Fog was a low level spell useful for concealment, the BW version is Wall of Frog. Of course frogs are slippery so even though they are conjured piled on each other in a 7-foot-tall wall shape they immediately fall to the ground and begin hopping in all directions covering the local area for several rounds. If you try to move through an area affected by Wall of Frog, well, frogs are slippery…

The entire BW class would be awesome to play in PFO, but even if I was limited to a day we'd get Wall of Frog.

Paddy seems like a merry Disney bandit and how he runs his group so far seems a distinct improvement over EoX in bad guys. The AL guys are dangerous and work for every second they were hired.
Hammerfall: Like a waterfall, but tougher.
Drogon

Factions and Gushers

Paladins or Bards

Scroll of Scrying when you could choose another player and see them at that moment from a Birdseye view.

4.) Say something nice about someone you recently pvped or competed against

The Coalition of bandits put up a real good fight.
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Bringslite
1. Going Rogue here: Line of sight, solid objects(cover), falling damage. Mostly because there will need to be MANY things improved before a "General Release" is viable.
2. Tough one. The Kid in me wants Paladins and Barbarians. The practical kid thinks that until some alignment system is functioning, Barbarians and Bards are a better effort.
3. I would leave my mark by seeing to the completion and/or fixing of factions/feuds/wars, settlement management, a truly stellar New player Experience, and random spontaneous content like dungeons/hordes-on-the-move/Ruins-come-monster-hillforts. In short, I'd do something with Badlands hexes. (lol Dev for a day) Buy donuts for the team?
4. The whole Bandit Gang is absolutely sportsmanlike in the most positive way that they could be. Very encouraging of what PVP could be and should be. The same can be said for AL Mercs Inc.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
MidniteArrow
Develop and communicate the vision for PFO.

Depends on the vision. My vote would be fixing fighters.

Movable, resizable windows. A day is not that long.

They killed me. Twice.
Drakis [Arrodima] [Default Speaker] [PvE Soldier, Empyrean Legion ]
Nijah [Arrodima] [Leader, The Argent Defenders, PvE]
Jinh [Arrodima] [Leader, The Concordian Council]
Hobson Fiffledown
1.) Communicate their vision for PFO and how they plan to get there.

2.) I'd like to see all of the current roles fixed first. I'd say it's a tie between druids and sorcerers, but some major fixes and finishes would have to happen with wizard and cleric first.

3.) "Take All" buttons, everywhere and anywhere they could go. Maybe mouse-scrolling inventory windows too.

4.) There was going to be some, but then we decided to go into town for dandan noodles. Chinese noodles always win.
This space for rent.
plopmania
1) Since vision for PFO was already mentioned: Have a live stream featuring team introduction, vision-thing, and some QnA.

2) Maybe Gunslinger - why not. Or just a touch more flexibility around the different requirements within existing archetypes, paving the way for neat prestige "classes".

3) Newcorp mentioned that they'd take up Unity5 so that somewhat (hopefully) throws the current UI into trash. So, maybe I'd enable some log prints on actions taken (like gathering) to help players build cool gadgets to fill out some gaps. Also, quick and dirty Keybindings menu.

4) Haven't done this.
Daer
Explain THEIR vision for the game moving forward. This will help solidify the commitment of the individuals that want to stay and play in the game, and allow the people who dont like/share that vision to gracefully exit the game and find another game that will meet the individuals concept of a great game.

because your question specifically calls out Class.. I would say Druid. There are in game weapons and armor already specified Druid so it probably wouldn't take much to implement them.

Well, as I AM a dev, I know nothing can happen in a day. But If i were a Lead Engineer etc for a day, and got to choose a path that a team had to follow thru until completion, it would be one of these 2:

1. Hybrid Communication system. This system would function both in game, and out of game/app based. Your game client would allow you to store login credentials(per account or character) so when you are in game, no matter which one of your accounts you are playing.. you can chat with your Friends list. It would also show who is on line from your list (if not hidden). You could also have a desktop/Web Based/Mobil App that would be able to connect to this system and chat with people when you are not in game.

2. A World Banking statement. This system would upload all of each settlements bank contents to a central database either on server down or server up. The Banking system would allow you to search across all of your banks to find somethign, or give you cumulative reports (10,250 coal across all bank accounts). It would not need to update real time, so it would be a simple enough process to create and maintain.

4.) Say something nice about someone you recently pvped or competed against
I think we are equal in kills to each other.. but DAMN that paddy can run!! smile its all good thought.. all in fun.
Settlement Leader : Talonguard

Killing, Dying and Healing.. and can't figure out which I am doing at any time!
Paddy Fitzpatrick
1) Social Features, Factions, and additional tactical PvP options.

2) Barbarians (rage and Pathinfer Rage Powers) or Sorcerers (for sorcs they can do sorcerer bloodlines so you can get dragon, fiend, or celestial looks).

3) design a new influence system, design traps and other utility combat feats, turn off epow

4) Dem boys from the south are definitely worthy opponents and an unstoppable force when they come together. Also appreciate the kind words of course.

GROUP HUG!
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Edam
The issue with rangers druids and paladins has always been a lack of mounts and pets and the balance problems of introducing a petless version and then nerfing them when pets finally get implemented.

Shutup, announce as little as possible to limit trolls and get to work.

Assuming no pets, a personality based class like Bard or Sorcerer

Settlement customisation touches like banners on buildings or changing roof and door colours. Or maybe just emblems on shields.

Keeper's has not been involved in PvP recently

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post