Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Some Questions To Spark POSITIVE Forum Activity

Midnight
What is the first thing NewCorp should do?

Answer the questions brought up in Nihimon's Whither PFO? thread. Players need a firm idea of what the future of this game is and who it is supposed to appeal to, so some of us can sell off accounts and move on while some of us buy more accounts and invite friends.

2.) Wherever it falls on the priority list, what should the next class be?

I think they should introduce them in pairs or trios like Necromancer and Paladin, so no single alignment draws more players.

3.) If you were dev for a day how would you leave your mark on the game?

Wipe the player settlements and character feats/gear/coin/achievements refunding xp so there is an unclaimed world and characters with all their xp unspent, and cap all feat training at level 8 until retail release.

4.) Say something nice about someone you recently pvped or competed against.

Since you used the word "recently"… no such person exists in this game.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Decius
1. Fix the new player experience. Let a new player with moderate PC and low gaming experience enter and not have to ask for help understanding what they are doing.

Then explain their vision and goals.

2. The first set of new "classes" should round out the core rulebook. Not because of any sacredness to the TT rules, but for the same reasons that those were the classes of the core rulebook: iconicness.

3. Not having programming experience, I'd probably dive into the design stuff and rebalance the attack chains so that every weapon had a "That's really nice" combo with itself and a "I gotta have that" combo that needs another source, and is part of a 4-way chain with other weapons.

4. All the recent experiences I've had in PvP have seemed to be positive gameplay.
Duffy Swiftshadow
1.) What is the first thing NewCorp should do?
Easy answer is UI/Social features sadly I'm getting used to them not being there, but I would really like to see Alignments and proto-Factions to help start diversifying different groups and make the differences tangible mechanics.

Paladins, just to help cleanup Cleric's weird everything and the kitchen sink role.

Contract system with significant breadth to where and how it can be applied to other systems.

Been on several sides of recent conflicts and most everyone has been fairly polite about our involvement, which is a nice change from the past. One time someone even whisper apologized they were on the opposite side before the festivities started!
LoneWolf
1.) What is the first thing NewCorp should do?
Make sure the new player experience is optimized; give new players the basic tools they need to help them hit the ground running and have some idea what they should start training for their intended role/class.

Any of the Core Rulebook classes. That, at least, will help ground the game for any PFRPG TT folks who may want to give the game a (another?) go.

Dungeons.

I don't know who it was, but I was killed in battle and spawned a hex-and-a-half away at the same time as a player on the "other" side. We both ran back towards the battle, red next to red, the entire way. When we re-engaged, we both engaged other players. I thought that was an excellent example of how it should be done; neither of us attempted to attack the other at any point on the run back into the fray. On top of that, all of my recent PvP experience has been very positive; everyone has fought hard and fought fair with no trash talk. Nicely done all!
Edam
Not wishing to derail the thread but I always preferred the totally classless original concept and think bowing to TT player pressure and introducing roles (iconic or otherwise) was a really bad idea. In fact anything that gets back to the mechanics rather than spirit of the 1960s Gary Gygax vision is limiting. Just because Gygax did things a certain way is no reason to stick with it across all games forever. THACO anyone?
Thorgrim Foegrinder
I *really* love this thread.

1.) What is the first thing NewCorp should do? Spend the first couple months exclusively fixing fundamental base-level bugs, if any still exist (I'll be surprised if they don't). This will give the programmers a deep understanding of the system as it currently exists, and it'll give the designers time to adapt and start planning the next steps.

2.) Wherever it falls on the priority list, what should the next class be? I want to mention the Gnome race here, because it was something voted for around the time of the second Kickstarter, and it's a race that I got excited about early on. It was originally supposed to be in before EE started, I believe, and was a stretch goal for the kickstarter. As for class, being a leader of Sylva I'm partial to Druids or Rangers, but both would need lots of tech to be implemented correctly. Low hanging fruit would probably be just simply finishing Cleric so that domains and deities mattered, and going for Paladin after that, followed by probably Barbarian.

3.) If you were dev for a day how would you leave your mark on the game? I'd focus on getting some sort of API put in, so that tools like The Storehouse can use in-game data.

4.) Say something nice about someone you recently pvped or competed against. I haven't PvPed against anyone recently, but I always made it a point to respect good tactics on the battlefield when I saw them. Even more important than that is positive gameplay, which I'm happy to see seems to be the rule rather than the exception these days.
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
MattHarris
Dungeons.
Drogon
MattHarris
Dungeons.

+1
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Huran
MattHarris
Dungeons.

….and Dragons (couldn't resist) :p

1) I think after most of the annoying bugs are fixed, new player tutorials would be a good starting focus. Start them early and make sure they are well polished and updated during development.

2) Bard. Gotta see the lovely ladies and gents singing in the taverns.

3) Seriously, I would create a dragon escalation. Because that would be awesome.

4) No recent PvP here but all PvP I have had in game has been non-toxic on both sides so everyone I have fought over the last year and a half deserves a good handshake and a beer if I meet them in person.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Wolf of Rathglen
Quick note, competition also includes at the trading post, training firsts, gathering, crafting the fanciest doo-dad. There are people who never engage in fisticuffs but can have other kinds of competition.
Hammerfall: Like a waterfall, but tougher.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post