Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Time to end this Chaotic Evil experiment

Paddy Fitzpatrick
Yeah…

For like the past few months my actions have not lined up with my supposed CE alignment. If I were a DM I would have changed my alignment a long time ago.

So I am changing it back to CN to be more in line with my actions, as actions speak louder than words.

So no more CE for me, I just can't stomach it really.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Harad Navar
Be the light and cast no shadow.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Ravenlute
Chaotic Neutral is the best! Much better than Chaotic Asshole, I mean Chaotic Evil.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Yeah, just didn't have it in me really.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Proma
Hard to be a bloodthirsty warlord when you don't have a horde, and this games active players all lined up in a row would not a horde make at this point.
The Eternal Balance
They might not even make a market throng…
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Edam
Its lawful evil that needs minions. Hitler and Stalin types are generally after world domination and that needs masses of red shirts.

Chaotic Evil can do fine just being a solitary depraved madman hellbent on destruction for the sheer fun of it.
Proma
Meh, I think most people place too much emphasis on chaotic evil being a lunatic randomly murdering, plenty of CE types could easily fit the pattern of a organised serial killer, with strong interpersonal skills, even if its is only to let them get away with things easier. Or that charismatic yet sadistic barbarian whipping his tribe into a frenzy of slaughter and rapine.
Edam
Not sure about the serial killer. The classic "silence of the lambs" serial killer is very lawful following a specific pattern almost ritualised.
Proma
Ritual has little to do with law in an alignment sense. It's the rejection of societal and moral dictates that make it chaotic, and evil. A lawful evil character isn't likely to engage in ritualistic murder as some type of fetish, perhaps as an act of worship, but simply wearing the skins of your victims to cavort about doesn't really fit the LE mold.

A LE character could easily fit himself into a LN society, his corruption being a part of the system, a CE one would have to indulge his baser urges in ways that society can't accept.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post