Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

PFO Community Update October 11, 2016

Lisa Stevens
One of the things I have striven for with Pathfinder Online is a sense of transparency, where you get to see behind the curtain far more than you do with most games. When it comes to investment, there are NDAs that prevent as much of that as I would like; however, there are some things I can share with you that will give you a better idea where we stand at this time.

NewCorp has been able to get commitments for two thirds of the money needed to fund the finishing of Pathfinder Online, but the final third has been difficult to say the least. Multiple times over the past 8 months, we have felt that we were days away from the final commitment only to have it fall apart at the last minute. If you look over the past NewCorp updates, you could probably pinpoint exactly when those events happened by the tone of the posts. Nothing is as frustrating as putting in all the time and effort into making those deals happen only to have them fall apart.

NewCorp has a very exciting meeting at the end of this week with a company that I hope can close that gap in funding. It is a super critical meeting and I want all of their efforts focused entirely on bringing the funding home so we can move onward towards the next phase. Which is why I agreed to take back over the community updates. If you see another update from NewCorp, it will be because they have closed the deal and are ready to move forward.

As all of this has been going on, I have been keeping Pathfinder Online up and running, with a small but dedicated team squashing bugs and putting in small features. We have been in this mode for over a year now. Many of you have probably guessed that our team shrank a bit more over the last year. We lost Mark around October of last year and Mike took another job in January of this year. They and many other former employees have been very helpful since they left, but for most of this year, it has been just Bob and Cole holding down the fort. I am truly honored with the loyalty and commitment those two have shown to the game and to me in very uncertain times. Either of them could have left in search of greener pastures, but they have both stood strong with me through the year, believing in the future of the game and wanting to be a part of it.

A new build went up on ZOG today with a bunch of bug fixes, including (cross your fingers) that annoying blue-screen bug that comes when you charge or evade sometimes. Feel free to help Bob put the build through its paces.

I will do my best to keep you updated as news arrives. If funding comes during October, you will be the first to find out. If not, then I will provide another update at the end of October.

It has truly been an honor to lead this community during these difficult times. As many of you know, the leadership role for Pathfinder Online was thrust upon me over a year ago, but your support and passion for the game have carried me through the year and made it much more manageable. It has been the Pathfinder Online community that has kept the dream alive through your continued subscriptions and feedback on the forums. I know how hard this community plays the game because I play just as hard, as many of you know. We may have our differences in the game at times, but all in all, this community has been one of the best I have been around. Thank you for all you have done for the game, both in the past, and in the coming months.

Wish me and NewCorp luck as we attempt to finish funding this month and thanks again for all you do.

-Lisa
Thorgrim Foegrinder
Lisa, once funding does come through I imagine the Outlaw Council will once again become useful. Have there been any thoughts on starting up regular meetings again once funding gets finalized?
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
kandorius
Quite frankly Thorgrim, you can take the Alpha Aristocracy BS and shove it.

Thanks for the update Lisa - we need this! Fingers crossed!
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Thank you very much Lisa for this update. This is definitely the status update I have been looking for and hopefully despite all these difficulties things will start picking up soon.

I know I haven't always been the most patient person and that's on me but deep down I think knowing this will greatly help going forward. I know there's probably even more going on that we can't know legally but it's looking like things will be alright.

Edit: We will still be around to steal stuff from folks either way, and down the road we will look forward to having all the bandit mechanics at our disposal.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Nails
Thanks Lisa, fingers and toes crossed……..
Thorgrim Foegrinder
kandorius

Who said anything about "alpha" or "aristocracy"? "Alpha Aristocracy" was a term created by a member of one of the most toxic groups in the game to create more toxicity. Luckily they've since left the game, and we're all better off for it.

The Outlaw Council is one person from each settlement. There are several settlements I know of right off the top of my head whose leaders are not Alpha accounts. So I can basically say the same thing to you that you directed at me, only about spreading misinformation and toxicity. So there you go.
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Bringslite
Thanks Lisa! Good luck!!!
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Dreggo
Thanks!
Harad Navar
And they said that birth is only 9 months. I am continually impressed by the commitment Paizo and GW have had for this community.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
kandorius
Thorgrim Foegrinder
kandorius

Who said anything about "alpha" or "aristocracy"? "Alpha Aristocracy" was a term created by a member of one of the most toxic groups in the game to create more toxicity. Luckily they've since left the game, and we're all better off for it.

The Outlaw Council is one person from each settlement. There are several settlements I know of right off the top of my head whose leaders are not Alpha accounts. So I can basically say the same thing to you that you directed at me, only about spreading misinformation and toxicity. So there you go.

Meh…the same seven or eight people own just about all the settlements in the game. The Alpha Aristocracy refers to the elitism of settlement ownership which was based on a popularity contest called the land rush which produced the first aristocracy - most of the current multiple settlement owners stem from that event/that group. So have your nice little insiders chats with the game owner Thorgrim et al and you can still stick the whole idea of it. It reeks of elitism; the very same group of people whining about a possible server wipe and all their precious advantages make up this bogus *council* - the whole idea of it is an affront to all the other players of the game.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post