Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

PFO Community Update October 11, 2016

Ravenlute
Thanks for taking the time to give us this update Lisa. It's been a long year but I'm still here too.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Maxen
Thanks for the update Lisa.
Edam
kandorius
The Alpha Aristocracy ….

The alpha aristocracy myth was created by a couple of players that sucked at large scale organised PvP (but were probably OK at ganking gatherers) and decided to invent stories about how they were being blobbed and how certain alpha players were "favored" to explain their own incompetence. The same guys that pushed for major detrimental balance changes to combat because they were incapable of adjusting their tactics to cope with anything interesting.

not to matter – multiple settlements were available for capture by quite small groups for most of 2016 so if there ever was an alpha aristocracy it is gone now.
Lifedragn
kandorius
Thorgrim Foegrinder
kandorius
Meh…the same seven or eight people own just about all the settlements in the game.

Many of the people running settlements now are quite different from those who were holding settlements at the end of the Land Rush. These people ARE largely within the same organized groups because… organized groups maintain the highest activity levels and are thus most likely to purchase accounts going up for sale that are associated with settlement governing or using the in-game mechanics to capture abandoned settlements. The latter case is being an active member of the game and not some aristocracy status.

Regardless, Outlaw Council and existence or absence of Alpha Aristocracy can probably best be moved off into separate threads.
The Eternal Balance
The Balance is pleased at this increased flow of information.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Doc
Thorgrim Foegrinder
Who said anything about "alpha" or "aristocracy"? "Alpha Aristocracy" was a term created by a member of one of the most toxic groups in the game to create more toxicity. Luckily they've since left the game, and we're all better off for it.

I coined the term originally, you can go back in the forum records to February of 2015 I believe to see that. It was during my public rebuke of the NAP on the forums.

Toxic? Heh, can't say I recall you doing anything publically to help the community, but hey I could be wrong, if I am I apologize for that remark. But for myself I created numerous guides and did things like sit at the newbie spawn areas for hours at a time for months to help players through the terrible starting experience.

Edam
The alpha aristocracy myth was created by a couple of players that sucked at large scale organised PvP (but were probably OK at ganking gatherers) and decided to invent stories about how they were being blobbed and how certain alpha players were "favored" to explain their own incompetence. The same guys that pushed for major detrimental balance changes to combat because they were incapable of adjusting their tactics to cope with anything interesting.

Hardly a myth, and no stories needed to be invented. Anybody who was more than just a font of cynicism and sarcasm on the forums could have observed the reality of the political map. I certainly never pushed for any balance changes though. Maybe you are confusing or conflating my opinions with others though, wouldn't be surprising. Even years later when this game is all but dead the same people are still spreading lies and BS. It's mind-boggling, and a bit sad on a certain level, though I suppose no more ridiculous than me spending $15 to defend myself on a forum.

You are a Troll
Thanks for the update Lisa! Much appreciated!
Udo
Best of luck to get this bit of funding pushed through Lisa - We totally appreciate the update and feedback. Cheers!
“Those who surrender Freedom for Security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one”
-B Franklin
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Thorgrim Foegrinder
"Alpha Aristocracy" was a term created by a member of one of the most toxic groups in the game to create more toxicity.
I have a great deal of respect for you Thorgrim, but at best you misremembered who came up with that term, and at worst you are utterly mistaken. Allegient were many things, a lot of them annoying to me, personally, and they, vocally, didn't agree with a lot of things the early players were lobbying for, but none of them were visibly toxic.
Thorgrim Foegrinder
Luckily they've since left the game, and we're all better off for it.
Again, it's possible you don't remember the same people I do, but you are patently incorrect in this statement.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Decius
While a comprehensive history of PFO politics from the points of view of each group would be interesting, this isn't the place to publish it piecemeal.

I've been cautiously optimistic about the long-term prospects of Pathfinder Online for a statistically significant fraction of my life. Here's to hope that we see what the long term brings.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post