Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Myth or History: Alpha Aristocracy

Wolf of Rathglen
Edam
Here in Australia the term "bogan" was originally derogatory but many people are now proud of their "bogan" status.

Grab a bag of goon and Maccas and be proud ya big bogan!

*Americans blink bewilderdly*
Hammerfall: Like a waterfall, but tougher.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite
Be careful Paddy! Your high flying Cloud Chair of Tower Topic Adjudication that looks down on our Pontificating Platform is sagging on one side. That could cause Spiraling Descent Syndrome.

Very true, I think I have thrown myself into the latest episode of Game of Forums for no good reason. smile

I will stop here then. This is Paddy Fitzpatrick signing out.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Stilachio Thrax
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite
Be careful Paddy! Your high flying Cloud Chair of Tower Topic Adjudication that looks down on our Pontificating Platform is sagging on one side. That could cause Spiraling Descent Syndrome.

Very true, I think I have thrown myself into the latest episode of Game of Forums for no good reason. smile

I will stop here then. This is Paddy Fitzpatrick signing out.
The forum isn’t a pit. The forum is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, they cling to the game or the devs or TT. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Well, at least until NewCorp takes over and starts cranking out content.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Lifedragn
kandorius
BHA - Fierywind (AA) & Drogon (EO)
Brighthaven
Hammerfall
Blackwoodglade
Everwatch
Concordia

What exactly qualifies one for Early Oligarchy here?

I did not purchase my Alpha Access, but had it gifted to me when the shareable passes went out. That being said, I'd definitely consider myself at least Early Oligarchy having been either in an Officer Position (or higher) in TEO well before EE, or even Alpha started. Needless to say, I would like to point out that despite their impressive holdings today - I would not consider Fierywind or Drogon to be Early Oligarchs. In fact, they did not even hold Leadership Positions within TEO when we started the game. These two individuals put a lot of time and effort into supporting the sub-chapters they had signed under. Drogon's work under Shae and Fierywind's with I believe it was Urman at the time, were quite stellar. These are individuals who through time, effort, and yes purchasing a for-sale settlement account, have come to be known as leaders and have managed to secure several settlements. Outside of the purchase, the conquered settlements are definitely not from some AA or EO status. It is because they have played the game and put in the effort.

I have been keeping an eye on things from the sidelines. I had participated in a battle for Concordia. Their victories have nothing to do with AA or EO status. Their Leadership has kept enough of our membership active and engaged in order to keep pushing forward.

TEO has continued to welcome and find roles for joining players. I am sure the other organizations holding onto settlements are doing the same. I have all due respect for players who want to start their own group and try to claim land. But one has to recognize that shaking off larger groups takes sustained and early effort. The kind of effort that just isn't possible with current unaffiliated subscribers.

As such, the course I recommend is that if you want to be a leader, it is time to start playing politics. Find a purpose you can fill for a larger group, and work with them under the understanding that you hope to one day claim a settlement for your own. Yes, this may ultimately tie you into an alliance or leave you as a vassal of sorts, but this has never been a game designed for lone wolves.

TLDR: Drogon and Fierywind earned their positions. They were not just granted roles due to being around early. Just because someone belongs to one of our older groups does not mean they were original leadership figures or unwarranted inheritors.
Doc
Caldeathe Baequiannia
You missed the part where I bathed in bulk goods every night to keep my skin soft.

I lol'd for realz

No matter all of the stuff we might have ever disagreed on Cal, even pretty vehemently at times, you've always been very down to earth and a pretty stand up guy.

Not sure why people are still debating the Alpha Aristocracy term I coined like a year and 1/2 ago, the conditions for which it was meaningful then no longer exist, primarily because that game no longer exists, and probably never will.

I sincerely hope some of you can find some kind of peace and release from this shitshow, and let go of lingering resentments. But mainly, hope you just find something else to play that will provide you real entertainment and fun. You all sure as hell deserve it after sticking with this project yet still to this day.
Thod-Theodum
Edam
I think its more that derogatory terms become badges of honor smile

Theodum looked up from his books. What was this commotion outside. Did they squabble again. Couldn't one of the last true members of the Alpha Aristocrazy been left studying in peace.

(yes - I'm still around - watching - even if RL and the state of the game meant I wasn't playing much for a while. About AlphaAristocrazy and new players. I tried for 1 1/2 years to find someone trustworthy and who invests the time to ensure I have a right hand in my settlment. Someone new who invests the time and effort will have opportunities in this game.
But opportunities will come and go in waves. There was the early alpha wave when I took part in the landrush. There was a beta wave when the game started. A gamma wave when settlements opened up and could be taken over. And there will be another wave once Newscorp becomes reality. And there always will be players complaining they /missed' the opportunity.)
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Harad Navar
Longevity does not a leader make.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Drizzle
Being a settlement leader is more of a chore than anything else.

About the only thing new group of players will have trouble with in current game is the way bigger groups lock up monster hexes for gathering and hoard T3 escalation for days until they have time to knock them off. But even then, the only effective action groups can take against transgressor is political which is not really going to hamper new player much anyway.
Gross
Alandur

+1

As an EE I have never envied the Alpha or EE settlement leaders their task. Different aspects of the game appeal to different folk - me I'm a mob killer who enjoys the odd harvesting of resources, and while my settlement or company leaders have to worry about my behaviour bringing consequences, I don't have to worry about theirs…
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
aussiedwarf
Alandur

+1

When it comes down to it, a dedicated group who joined a settlement would probably be given settlement control if they were active and well liked.
Elder of Forgeholm
Owner of www.pfomap.com
Contactable at aussiedwarfpfo@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post