Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Damage formula?

Valkenr
I remember seeing it somewhere, but can't seem to find it again. Can someone post a link? or better yet one of the devs post it here?

Just to be clear I'm looking for the formula for calculating damage.
Nightdrifter
f = damage factor. f is shown on attack tooltip
b = base damage. b = 40 + 5/matched minor keyword (max 4) + 20/matched major (max 2, 1 at T2, 1 at T3)
r = enemy resistance. r is relevant resistance as shown on character sheet
a = attack bonus. a, d are displayed on character sheet.
d = enemy defense. d includes Reflex, Fort, Will and is the one appropriate to the attack. d ~ 50*tier as a start. -10 ref for medium, -20 ref for heavy
roll = min/middle/max of 3d200 depending on tier

total attack roll = roll + a
penalty = 0.063*sqrt(how much you missed by), or 0 if total attack roll>d
Damage = (1-penalty)*f*(b-r)

Edit: You can also increase b with many weapon related fighter class features and with sneak attack.
Nihimon
Initial Section of Combat Guide links to a PDF with a detailed explanation of the Combat mechanics.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Hedrik Holiday
Quick! Someone figure out how to get a resistance of 100+!!
Decius
Current max physical resistance is the T3 plate mail +3, with Unbreakable armor feat maxed out, Protection domain class feature maxed out, and physical resistant buff from some source.

Wizards will still be a major threat.
Nightdrifter
Unbreakable and Protection don't stack due to being on the same channel.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post