Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Exhaustive Survey of Nodes in Sigil 4-4

Nihimon
link
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Edam
There appears to be a higher density of blue dots in the south and green in the north. Yellow is however geographically challenged.
Ravenlute
The point is what exactly? Devs have said that nodes will move to an area of the hex less frequented when they respawn. For example, if you clear out all of the scavenging nodes in the north part of the hex there's a good chance you'll find them again down south.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Bringslite
Perhaps just for whimsical fun? You can in a way "train" nodes. Using some arbitrary lines on the map, be they geographic or structural or whatever, you can gather all appearances of one or more types of node forcing them to spawn in certain areas. Nothing vital to know, but a little game to divert boredom.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Nihimon
By way of explanation - I overheard a conversation in General about the total number of nodes in a hex. There was a claim that a specific hex only had something like 28 total nodes. I said I had exhaustively surveyed a hex near Sigil that had 44, and provided this link so people could review my data.

This survey was done immediately after downtime, with no other players harvesting. I made several passes, just mapping without gathering, until I was confident I had mapped every node.

I believe the correct conclusion is that each hex can have a unique total number of nodes a unique number of each specific node type, and that the number of each type of node is constant - that is, as soon as one Scavenger Node is gathered, it immediately respawns somewhere else in the hex as another Scavenger Node. I believe this is consistent with previous dev statements.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Decius
I believe as well that there are discrete locations where nodes can spawn, but they are not differentiated by type- if a node can spawn at a spot, any type of node can spawn there.
Edam
In the old days when strip mining was a thing (in the original PFO sense of having multiple characters positioned around a hex) it was definitely the case that pulling a node caused a node of that same type to appear next to one of your other alts or even reappear near the node that was just taken.
Bringslite
Decius
I believe as well that there are discrete locations where nodes can spawn, but they are not differentiated by type- if a node can spawn at a spot, any type of node can spawn there.

From long casual observation, I agree 100%. My guess is that there are more such "possible spots" per hex than there are total possible nodes and that is why it appears a bit random to extra casual observation.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Decius
Bringslite
Decius

From long casual observation, I agree 100%. My guess is that there are more such "possible spots" per hex than there are total possible nodes and that is why it appears a bit random to extra casual observation.
If location were totally random in the hex, or on a grid pattern, I would expect to see an node pop up one "unit" north, south, east, or west of the one just harvested four times as often as one pop up at the exact same location.

I see a node respawn in the exact same spot about twice an hour, and see one spawn on the minimap not enough more often for it to be completely filled with equally likely locations.

Further work with recording the coordinates of every node during a gathering operation provided confirmatory data.
Aglos
Nihimon
I believe the correct conclusion is that each hex can have a unique total number of nodes a unique number of each specific node type,

So total node density is variable per hex and not constant across all hexes. I wonder if it is constant within a particular terrain type or if every single hex on the map has its own unique total number of nodes allowed (obviously there would be many with the same unique number). I also wonder if the max number of total nodes allowed per hex is generated randomly across some possible range at server down.

And again, I am not concerned with nodes of a particular type, but with total number of nodes per hex.

Interesting - thanks Nihimon!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post