Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Exhaustive Survey of Nodes in Sigil 4-4

Decius
Aglos
So total node density is variable per hex and not constant across all hexes.
That statement is an affirmative declaration of something that has only so far been not ruled out. Surveys of other hexes might or might not confirm that.
Aglos
Well, get on it Mr Essence gatherer extraordinaire!

smile
Harad Navar
I have been doing some mapping for the new version of the Unofficial PFO Atlas. In particular I have been mapping resource nodes in a particular hex over 3 days, gathering all nodes I found. In 3 days I loged 143 nodes, 11 of which were repeats.
Here is an image from QGIS.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Flari-Merchant
Harad Navar
I have been doing some mapping for the new version of the Unofficial PFO Atlas. In particular I have been mapping resource nodes in a particular hex over 3 days, gathering all nodes I found. In 3 days I loged 143 nodes, 11 of which were repeats.
Here is an image from QGIS.
That is a pretty good bit of evidence that there are MANY possible node spots.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Harad Navar
Added another 35 nodes this afternoon of which 9 were duplicates. Looks like I am getting closer to a upper end on possible node locations. At least for this hex. Now at 168 unique nodes.
Harad Navar
Now up to 205 unique nodes assuming no transcription errors. Toward the end duplicates noticeably increased. Waiting for another server reset to try again looking for when I get all repeats.
Decius
If I remember my statistic right, with a simple random sample methodology, you can estimate the percentage of data that you have already sampled by looking at the percentage of recent samples that were duplicates. E.G. if you have already seen 99% of the node locations, 99% of the nodes you see will already be in the database.

Without doing the actual math, I'd estimate that those numbers indicate a CI of 500-2000 total node locations.
Harad Navar
Well, I do need a lot of oak. I'll keep sampling.
Harad Navar
Duplicate post
Harad Navar
Another 66 nodes with 11 duplicates. Unique total now 256

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post