Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

archers ammo and ranged attacks

Harad Navar
This combined with rogue blinds would make a very interesting scenario for both guarding territory and banditry.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Wolf of Rathglen
In the interest of fantasy archery and game balance I need to point out we're already shooting accurately from over 100 feet away, on the move when rooting is removed (universal rooting started to counteract unlimited ammo).

The 900 foot shots from famous history were made with special flight arrows much lighter than heavy arrows used at shorter ranges, and the archer WAS immobile due to putting his entire body into the incredible draw force needed.

Gameplay-wise this translates to long distance shots, but that advantage come with the cost of rooting, slower shots, and less damage from the lighter flight arrows. Where closer shots can be made more quickly and do more damage with heavy arrows. Of course when ammo is activated having the proper type of arrows quivered could be made a going concern too, one of those player decisions that matters.

I've always advocated getting ammo and archer movement into the game so we can start designing pvp builds around the REAL game not half-baked ad hoc band-aids on issues that are hard but also core critical in a PVP game. Who else is in favor of:

* Most shots can be done on the move, but at an attack penalty based on movement speed.
* Exceptions for proportionally balanced niche shots like "Running Shot" has no penalty fired when on the move at a DF cost
* Exceptions for logical forced rooting during bonused shots like Aimed Shot and Longbow's 75m Distant Shot
* Longbow 35m shots have a little higher DF and longer shots have lower DF to reflect the general RPG rule that safety is inversely proportional to damage dealing.

(It makes programming more complicated, but I'm also open to a discussion about armor weight and bow range. More at risk of being cut down in Light armor in exchange for non-penalized movement while shooting?)
Hammerfall: Like a waterfall, but tougher.
Edam
Agreed. Currently the game does not distinguish between piercing or slashing damage or different weapon types (such as silvered or cold iron).

Eventually, if choosing a cold iron bodkin arrow over a silvered broad head arrow actually makes a difference, playing an archer will be a lot more interesting.
Decius
I look forward to the debates about the relative merits of the Greatsword of Steel and Maxwell's Silver Hammer.
Flari-Merchant
I would agree to lesser effect for movement while shooting and for several trainable feats that lowered that. Because that is the stuff pro fantasy archers train to get better at.
Flari-Merchant
Decius
I look forward to the debates about the relative merits of the Greatsword of Steel and Maxwell's Silver Hammer.
Well clearly Maxwell's Hammer is for head bash shots. It is unparalleled in effectiveness in that attack.

"Bang, bang"
Garric Orcsbane
What about Maxwell's House? It's great for Witches because it's good to the last drop.
Decius
Bringslite of Staalgard
Decius
Well clearly Maxwell's Hammer is for head bash shots. It is unparalleled in effectiveness in that attack.

"Bang, bang"
It also performs coups de grace particularly well. Make sure that he is dead. But is that better than the secret of steel?
Flari-Merchant
Decius
Bringslite of Staalgard
Decius

"Bang, bang"
It also performs coups de grace particularly well. Make sure that he is dead. But is that better than the secret of steel?
Have to say no…. Those Lyrics are pretty good.
Harad Navar
Decius
"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger."
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post