Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Someone Please Make a Heal check on PFO!!

Udo
It's been a tough week and a tough past weekend. I haven't seen a lot of activity and I can be on for hours with almost nothing in general other than casual hand waves. I run around and harvest and kill mobs, and most of the time, I see no one. We are on mumble and talk about getting past T3 gates and praying for good escalations day after day without any news if the game is going to survive.

I have always tried to stay positive but at this point it's tough, with almost no information or real encouragement being passed on the the players. The "nothing new yet" updates are disheartening, especially when we now look back almost 1 year ago today when it was announced that good news was just around the corner.

I feel like PFO has a Con of 12, but our current Hit Points are at negative 10. Someone needs to make a heal check to stabilize this game or else people are just going to see the inevitable and have to walk away from a fallen comrade. We can then only hope for someone to carry the fallen body to a 7th Level Cleric and cast Resurrection. I am however short on diamond dust.
“Those who surrender Freedom for Security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one”
-B Franklin
Edam
Dominion is still very active especially during US play times. Keepers are actually more active than they were 6 months ago. The PFU people seem to be around a lot these days as well. On the other hand Golgotha and Kreutz are gone and some of the other large groups on the server seem to be in hiatus.
Flari-Merchant
We are still pretty active and we are not te only ones, but I get where Udo is coming from. For myself, it is better to read: There is no luck yet, but we are still trying.

At least, while not what we want to read, it beats radio silence. Last times that radio silence was imposed ended in unfortunate announcements.

I believe that there are more possible ways to fund MMOs (even if slower than wanted) than are being looked at.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Udo
It's been a tough week and a tough past weekend. I haven't seen a lot of activity and I can be on for hours with almost nothing in general other than casual hand waves. I run around and harvest and kill mobs, and most of the time, I see no one. We are on mumble and talk about getting past T3 gates and praying for good escalations day after day without any news if the game is going to survive.

I have always tried to stay positive but at this point it's tough, with almost no information or real encouragement being passed on the the players. The "nothing new yet" updates are disheartening, especially when we now look back almost 1 year ago today when it was announced that good news was just around the corner.

I feel like PFO has a Con of 12, but our current Hit Points are at negative 10. Someone needs to make a heal check to stabilize this game or else people are just going to see the inevitable and have to walk away from a fallen comrade. We can then only hope for someone to carry the fallen body to a 7th Level Cleric and cast Resurrection. I am however short on diamond dust.

+100
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Duffy Swiftshadow
Most of us are half AFK putzing around with other games or backlogs at this point. We check in and do some maintenance tasks, still crafting and what not, but the daily motivation to keep 'grinding' with nothing really happening just isn't there right now and probably won't recover until we hear something or a ton of players suddenly appear to make things interesting.

Personally, if there's nothing by the new year I'm gonna start turning off extra accounts and just leave enough to keep an eye on things. Keep the settlements running for anyone that happens to visit or any of our guys that decide to pop in from time to time. I'll personally keep a presence and as much of the League settlements alive as I can until they shut the server down, but I don't expect activity to suddenly improve much without something actually happening to the game.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Yeah man, the way you stabilize the bleeding is either:

1) Get the deal settled

2) Give an in depth report of what is going on that has some real meat to it so we all know what to expect.

3) If some alternative plan is in the works, tell us what it is.

Problem is not just waiting for funding but absolutely no reliable timeline for when to expect stuff. It is not just missed deadlines, that happens all the time. It is the fact that now there are no new deadlines or estimates based on the current situation and no clue what that situation even is. Like in any software business if you keep telling you client that you will have that patch/upgrade/fix someday but no meaningful estimate on when, the client loses faith. They either demand an update, call the manager if they got the connections, or look to replace your software (or the team working on it) to something else.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post