Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Some Things....

Flari-Merchant
Despite that the general attitude seems to be almost nothing "great" can be done right now to PfO to make playing it better or make it more attractive to other MMO players, IMO, that is bunk! Here are a few things that I believe would not be too onerous to accomplish. Hopefully at least a couple are doable:

Quest Tools: Make mules persistent for their full timer. We will do the rest. Just one tool to start. Let us show you what can be done.

Holding Raiding: Allow the contents of captured Holdings to be accessible to the victors. Increase interest in PVP. Along with this, a company must have a Holding of it's own or it can't raid or feud. <—Would that be hard to code?

Annoying Small Holdings: Create an NPC in Thorn Keep that sells "30 day Liens". These can be placed on Small Holdings. All the owner has to do is click the door within 30 days to cancel the lien. If failing that, the Small Holding can be collapsed manually by the GM for now and auto collapsed later when the coders are available. It returns to the owner's bag as normal. Gold Sink Here!

Alliances: Finish Alliance mechanics a bit.
A. Allow Alliance members to train at allied Holdings.
B. Allow Alliance Members to have a company vault set at Allied Settlements.
C. Use existing Holding mechanics to allow us to refuse free training to anyone not from our Settlements. WE can make deals and allow outsiders to be allies so they can train.

Like I wrote, I am unsure if all of these could be done fairly easily, but surely some could. Any other ideas?
Edam
Quest Tools: Interesting thought. It will, of course, reduce the need for small holdings substantially while escalation running if the party can just leave an unattended mule standing nearby - though you do run a risk of someone scarpering with it.

Holding Raiding: This will definitely get the people that are sitting on 50,000 bulk in every holding moving with mule runs.

Annoying Small Holdings: Seems a reasonable idea.

Alliances: No current benefit to Keepers which (like Sigil, Emerald Lodge etc) is not currently a part of a formal alliance, but some formal alliance mechanism may be a good thing. That said most of the alliances are currently in caretaker mode.
Glinder
Regarding "a company must have a Holding of it's own or it can't raid or feud."
I both agree and disagree. I would like to see *both* cheap and costly feuds. Less risk = less possible gain.

It should be costly to try and take property. War should be expensive. However, if one requires property to take property, how does a new company get any if no one is benevolent?

If all feuds are costly, and must involve property, those starting the game won't get PvP experience, which will lock them out of certain feats. In order for companies to train as fighting units, they should have the option of a cheap feud.

Cheap being short duration - hours not days, like Mule Games, or Omega Wolves vs Desperate Goblins. Family Flag Football, or other festivities should cost less than buying acreage.
Flari-Merchant
Honestly looking for some way that an aggressor can be blunted enough that they can't continue feuding a target until that target gets so bored/demoralized being tied up in PVP that their members stop logging in or just quit. Taking away their holdings doesn't matter right now. The costs in influence don't seem to matter.

I think that my best idea so far is to charge coin for the "Thorn Guards" to overlook feuds. A nice coin sink right there as well…
Paddy Fitzpatrick
If you guys are bored you can just go attack someone you know.

Just sayin, doing something to someone else may get them out of caretaker mode for a bit. If you all are really that bored I doubt anyone will object to you guys stimulating activity.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Paddy Fitzpatrick
I mean if you want stuff to do in a sandbox, go do sandboxy things, lol.

Talk is cheap man, take some action against someone smile
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
harneloot
Paddy Fitzpatrick

Just sayin, doing something to someone else may get them out of caretaker mode for a bit. If you all are really that bored I doubt anyone will object to you guys stimulating activity.

Careful! You could get labeled a deviant for that smile
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Decius
What about having actual coin drains and allowing a company to feud a holding by fronting a large amount of coin, a portion of which is destroyed and a portion of which goes to the owner of the holding at the end of the feud- the victor.

Make the defender happy if the attacker no-shows, because of the profit, and allow anyone to grind up enough coin without a holding to attack one as one option.
Flari-Merchant
Decius
What about having actual coin drains and allowing a company to feud a holding by fronting a large amount of coin, a portion of which is destroyed and a portion of which goes to the owner of the holding at the end of the feud- the victor.

Make the defender happy if the attacker no-shows, because of the profit, and allow anyone to grind up enough coin without a holding to attack one as one option.
+10 so long as that part where some of the coin vaporizes. Something similar to that is how DarkFall used to be.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
harneloot
Paddy Fitzpatrick

Careful! You could get labeled a deviant for that smile

Been there, done that, what else you got? Lol.

Anyway, using coin from a company or settlement bank instead of influencr would be more interesting. May get me to give a crap about farming it at least.
Find us on PFO Discord

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post