Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Some Things....

Paddy Fitzpatrick
Course, if the game ever got big enough then you would just get a few big oligarchies monopolizing all the gold generating resources, not allowing anyone else to participate in anything that requires a coin expense and starve people out of the funding they would need to PvP them and strike back.

Ok, so maybe coin isnt such a good idea lol.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Flari-Merchant
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Course, if the game ever got big enough then you would just get a few big oligarchies monopolizing all the gold generating resources, not allowing anyone else to participate in anything that requires a coin expense and starve people out of the funding they would need to PvP them and strike back.

Ok, so maybe coin isnt such a good idea lol.
Yeah. Just like it gets completely monopolized in so many other sandboxes. Things can get taken over here and there. They can get held onto for a time. Things can be scammed and manipulated through scamming. If it lasts very long then your sandbox has more problems than how to effectively cost feuds…

Influence can be scammed.
Coin can be controlled by "Mega Devils".
Bulk Production can be taken over by ONE GIANT GUY with scammed Influence and "Mega Devil" paid for followers…

Let's see. What's left…. Hmm, I guess we can't make a game that can't be totally controlled by a Mega Giant Devil Bulk Stone Hoarder Guy.

Back to checkers….
Duffy Swiftshadow
'Hard' mechanics are the solution, as long as they rely on 'fuzzy' mechanics it's ripe for exploitation. It's not unsolvable by any means, but a bad solution will only multiply the negative effects and sticking to it will only build upon an unstable foundation. The key is not going too far away that they lose sight of their original goal, but at the same time not being so steadfast that they push out something that really doesn't match their goals.

I'm sure they are aware of it at this point, I just don't think they have the means to seriously revamp it into something solid at the moment.

*Edited for weird wording
Edam
Duffy Swiftshadow
I don't doubt they are unaware of it at this point, I just don't think they have the means to seriously revamp it into something solid at the moment.

Even if the resources are available it has been stated quite a few times on these forums we are only getting bug fixes and cosmetic updates until the new world order steps in.

Which is fair enough, I personally would not like to see a major re-balance that radically changed the way we play and the way we build our characters right now, only to find in 6 weeks it is to be immediately replaced by some totally new system under the new regime.
Flari-Merchant
Ok party poopers, no hope troopers, one way only scoopers! How about improving this freaking website? Get our "Guild" site linked through here and some features working here?

Get some real live "numbers traffic" in daily hts etc… Investors might be encouraged to see active game forums.

Edit: Noooooo! The new investors will want to have their ooooowwwnnnwn site for the gaaaaammmmeeee!
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Or they may be influenced more by people who help generate some player made content rsther than call the rest of us party poopers for admiting the obvious fact that we have no idea what is going on nor do we have a way to influence this in any meaningful way smile

There just aint enough manpower for sll the man hours most of this stuff will take. smile
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Stilachio Thrax
Perhaps a bit different than BL's original intent, but I would add some things to the cash shop that would spur some real $ purchases. Things like:

A. Cosmetic items, particularly cloaks and helmets/headgear. If cosmetic armor could be made to work, that too.
B. Additional character slots
C. Add ability to train a second/third character along with the first. Similar to Destiny's Twin. Might be an additional monthly charge to make this work.
D. Additional color palette choices.
E. Different mule "skins"- Functions like a mule, but looks like an ox. Or auroch. Or moose. Or horse.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Father Bronin
Stilachio Thrax
E. Different mule "skins"- Functions like a mule, but looks like an ox. Or auroch. Or moose. Or horse.

Still waiting on my mule fez.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post