Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

The Continued Silence Worries Me Greatly

Paddy Fitzpatrick
Keeping it 100 here guys,

All these threads talking about ways people can save the game and what needs to be done to fix it are very well meaning and admirable. This is by far one of the most dedicated communities I have seen to be loyal to something even in its current state.

That said, aren't we forgetting the one and only thing that actually matters? That thing being an actual update of substance either from GW or NewCorp as to what on earth has been going on lately? We all are trying but without any investor updates we are all just fantasizing. If there ain't no new money coming or if folks who were gonna invest are considering backing out then we need to know that too.

This complete and total silence and lack of information is saying more than anything else that has been said prior to this. Are they close to finishing negotiations or does it look like things are gonna fall through?

To put it another way, we know the ship ain't sunk yet but we know it has hit an iceberg and compartments have been flooded. How many have been flooded? We know the Titanic would have remained afloat if it were only four compartments instead of five. So with that, instead of devoting our energies to what could be if it never hit an iceberg, we ALL should be asking of GW and NewCorp the only question that matters right now.

What is going on over there?

Are things still progressing, if so, how much so and is there anything of substance thst can be said as to what is going on? Either that, or if things are going poorly, can they please just be up front and not give us false hope? I get that deadlines get missed but at least keep trying to give new estimates. Not hearing anything to me seems like a sign that things may be going belly up. If they are, just tell us now rather than delay the inevitable cause it is not fair to anyone to keep going if there is nothing that can save the ship. It is unfair to be kept totally in the dark.

Either way, do us a solid and give us that much at least.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
You are a Troll
+1
Edam
I am not worried.
Azure_Zero
I have to agree with Paddy.
If things are fine tell us.
If the ship is sinking tell us.

Cause right now more and more folks who are active are unsubscribing some or all their active account(s)
which in turn can cause both current and potential investors to back out or not back at all.
And with the waiting and no news those left will slowly but surely start unsubscribing more of their account(s).
This is the negative feedback loop that is a major worry for the future of this game.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Double post
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Azure_Zero
I have to agree with Paddy.
If things are fine tell us.
If the ship is sinking tell us.

Cause right now more and more folks who are active are unsubscribing some or all their active account(s)
which in turn can cause both current and potential investors to back out or not back at all.
And with the waiting and no news those left will slowly but surely start unsubscribing more of their account(s).
This is the negative feedback loop that is a major worry for the future of this game.

+1

Precisely what I was thinking.

The reason for reduction of subs is no incentive to keep going. There is certainly not going to be any if there is reason to doubt the game's survival. This in turn kills whatever activity and pop we got left, which in turn starts this negative feedback loop.

So I will request again of either GW or NewCorp, please give us a real pulse as to whst is actually going on.

This will be necessary for the community to have any incentive to keep going.
Find us on PFO Discord
Flari-Merchant
Even without funding yet but a written "nod" that they are still willing to try, would be nice to see. I tell you, make it so we can loot Holdings when captured and I will be in high gear again! We are still playing in The Dominion with more than a 6 man party on more than a few nights a week. There is still great interest despite all my bitching.smile
Udo
I hate doing it but I feel I don't have any other choice, because it seems that this world along with the players are disappearing as if our ecosystem here is getting eaten by the Langoliers.

I am a very loyal gamer. I find one game that I love and that is what I play. This game has been it. The now silent leaders however I feel are speaking in volumes. We have all kept giving time, money and taken part in thoughtful ideas to push this game forward. It is because of that loyalty that it has been given for the past year and half. But even I, yes even I, have started looking for other MMO's to play. Again, I hate myself for it, but give me a reason not to. Breathe some life in here. Make us feel like this has been a worthwhile sacrifice. please! (losing a game of tug and war and need to let the rope go)
“Those who surrender Freedom for Security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one”
-B Franklin
Flari-Merchant
I forgot…. I do not think that there is impending, imminent, immediate Doom here. I seriously doubt that I would have been able to activate any of my dormant accounts again if there were. You don't let players re sub if you are about to shut the light off.

Realistically, (even though it seems an eternity of waiting) MMORPGs do take years to get to a really playable state, let alone a polished one. This has been only a cpl years. MMOs also limp along (Devs and enough players willing) for very extended periods sometimes and then revive like spring after winter…
Azure_Zero
Bringslite of Staalgard
Even without funding yet but a written "nod" that they are still willing to try, would be nice to see. I tell you, make it so we can loot Holdings when captured and I will be in high gear again! We are still playing in The Dominion with more than a 6 man party on more than a few nights a week. There is still great interest despite all my bitching.smile

I hate being that guy, but even with the writ, having heard ZERO news on whether PFO getting the defib or it's plug pulled, and is more worrying the longer it takes to get that news.
And all parties involved need to address the elephant in the room, Will PFO get its funding or not.

We as the paying gamers also now need to decide;
Do we give Newcorp as much time as needed (currently happening and is most worrying),
Give Newcorp a time limit (Like to New Years Eve on the decision of life or death, this will also light a fire under some folks to get stuff done or talk),
or we all decide on a date where we pull the plug on the game because we've heard nothing and no longer have faith in Newcorp saving PFO (this will also put pressure to talk and get things done).

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post