Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Lisa's Update 11/23/2016

Lisa Stevens
Hey y'all:

I have been hoping to have a substantive update to give to you, so I have been holding out on updating things. But it is clear that silence is worse than the news that I have nothing substantive to update.

Things move along but at a pace that is as agonizingly slow for me as it is for you. And there is literally nothing that I can do to move it along. There is hope, but I can understand how folks may not have much faith in that hope considering how long we have been in this treading water mode. You have my promise that I will push as much as I can and leave no stone unturned in my efforts to find the game the funding it and you deserve. I can't give you any assurances that I will be successful since much of it is out of my hands. I can't also give you any timelines for when I might know if I am successful. Any time I have tried to place a timeline in the past has been trashed, because, once again, things aren't in my control in regards to how fast things move.

I can promise you this, if at any point in the future I am going to shut down the game, you will be given a one month warning. As of right now, the game is doing fine and will be live for the foreseeable future. I also know that a game that is live has a much stronger chance of finding that investment than a game which is shut down. So I will do everything in my power to keep the game live as long as possible to give it that chance.

In the spirit of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, I am going to close with a list of things that I am thankful for:

• I am thankful for all of you for supporting this game and its vision through thick and thin.
• I am thankful for all the folks I have adventured with in the River Kingdoms and the friendships that have formed because of those adventures
• I am thankful for Bob and Cole for sticking beside me through these trying times.
• I am thankful for all of you who have created websites and tools through which we can all play the game much better
• I am thankful for the various folks who have given the game a look and put time and effort into finding a way to make funding work
• And mostly I am thankful for everyone who keeps the vision alive and gives me hope that there may yet be a light at the end of the tunnel.

I apologize for not posting sooner. It is really hard when you want to give great news and all you have to say is that you have nothing much to say. My delays are always in the hope that something might happen that would allow me to say something substantive. You deserve better than that.

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend and thanks for caring enough to log in, post on the forums, and keep your subscriptions alive.

-Lisa
Duffy Swiftshadow
Thanks Lisa, I hope something works out.
Flari-Merchant
@ Lisa

Instead "not having much to say" or something all disappointing, you have come here and said a lot of great things. You are still trying, You still have Bob and Cole, the Game is not in immediate danger of closing, there are still possibilities for the funding that you want. That really goes a long way with all of us. smile

Thank You Lisa.
I hope you have a Marvelous Thanksgiving as I hope everyone does!
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Udo
Thank you Lisa - that's what we needed to here. It's better now that there is no update timeline and by giving us the information that you have, it gives us all hope. I am just gonna quit my bitchin', chill and play the game. Have a great holiday!!
“Those who surrender Freedom for Security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one”
-B Franklin
Harad Navar
Thank you Lisa for your courage, for your commitment to the dream of this game, and for your amazing ability to bear the pain of this unknown journey.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
WxCougar of KOTC
Thank you, Lisa. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!
Keeper's Pass (NG) - Respecting life, protecting freedom, united against tyranny. We are a Crafting Settlement with friendly people and welcome many play styles including casual and Role playing. For more information check our Traveler's Guide to Keeper's Pass at https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/109/. If you wish to join with us in Keeper's Pass come visit us at our website at http://www.kotcguild.com/.
Tyncale
I was hoping for some information about the "Things move along" part of the post. smile The rest of the post sounds like an eulogy to me, including a "thanks for all the fish" speech. Sorry for not being able to hop on the "grateful that Lisa takes the time to post" bandwagon, guys. Maybe it's because we don't have Thanksgiving in Holland?

It looks like we are further away then ever from getting those funds. Unless there's truly more to the "Things move along" quote.

/partypooper out
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Paddy Fitzpatrick
I definitely appreciate the honesty. This was better than just hanging in the dark. Thank you very much for this Lisa.

Now I am not leaving by any means so I want to make that clear that Paddy is still here and Fianna ain't going anywhere. That said, I will be sort of taking my focus off for a little while. I am always around if there are leadership issues that need to be addressed, shit is going down, or we are starting shit (preferably the third one). However, I just can't see myself keeping up on the day to day stuff until we hear more, much less enjoying it. I will be up for doing more capture the mule stuff though cause apparently I get to name the thing.

That, and now that I finally started a new job this week, I want to focus on succeeding in that so I will have more money to play this game in the future if it does succeed smile
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Maxen
Thanks for the news Lisa. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well.

Dave
You are a Troll
Diasappointing, but certainly better than silence.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post