Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

[RP] Drums of Battle

Lorelia Corvus
Ravens fly over the single row of tents, wings beating in rhythm with the drums as they climb aloft, carrying foreboding words and slightly stale news…

Lictor,

We've found ourselves aligned with a local federation of settlements that share some of our ideals, though unfortunately they are not as well … disciplined … as our legions. But they are wise enough to see the value of Order.

The timing could not have been better as we've recently found chaotic influence seeping into the plains we now call home! Upon our patrols we've discovered top secret documents outlining an alliance between the Bandit Coalition and the Dominion of the North, signed by none other that the infamous bandit leader Pally Filtchpatrick himself. We've taken the evidence to the League's caucus explaining how we found the documents on a waylaid courier dressed in a ragged red uniform with some sort of snake biting it's own tail pinned on the lapel, clearly some sort of bandit good luck charm.

The debate lasted well into the night: the Forsworn clan consulting some mystical charts called 'Actuarial Tables' and talking about Iron Futures (some sort of Gorum prophecy we should know about?), the mercenaries' elf refused to stop skulking in the shadows and kept trying to bill us for his time, and the rangers didn't even show up! Luckily the Abadaran clerics kept us focused on the task at hand and demanded that we bring Order to the wild folk of the River Kingdoms, though now that I think of it they did seem to be talking in broader strokes.

None the less by early morning it was determined that according to the League Charter the Caucus did not in fact have the power to directly declare or inhibit hostile actions outside of League territory! With this revelation the meeting was adjourned and we quickly rallied the troops north to expunge the lawless brigands who have encroached upon the golden plains! The initial attack on their outposts has gone well, tomorrow we return to finish the job.

If you have any legions available, send them to us with great haste, we may need the reinforcements.

Lorelia Corvus
Mistress of Blades
Order of the Crow
Corvus Citadel
Order of the Crow
Mistress of Blades
Flari-Merchant
A barely perceptible smile at one corner of his mouth, Bringslite pushed the intercepted document back across the desk toward Apothos. "What exactly do these strange Southerners have against poor Flari, do you think"

"My Lord?" Apothos red face now also looked puzzled.

"Oh, some months ago, the Southerners accused Flari of violating some of their declared territory and called her down to rough her up in single combat. No trial, no defense, not even questioning her. Just published accusation and judgment of guilt. A very nice system of Law they have down there, despite their claims to a chapter of planned paladins.
"Now as I have discovered, they have also attacked two of her Holdings in the south, far clear of their lands"
Recounted Bringslite.

Obviously struggling with righteous indignation, Apothos next words were nevertheless controlled, "My Lord, surely this is an unprovoked act of war? Also what is this about an alliance with The Bandit Council? Surely we must not let this stand unanswered! When do we ride?"

Taking another sip of his Delicious Dominion Koolaide(available in all reputable auction houses everywhere), Bringslite set the goblet down and looked hard at Apothos before speaking
"Firstly, Priest Apothos, you know that I am not the person to bring this to. Nor am I the person that will give orders for any reaction to these deeds. Take this to The Triarchs.
"Secondly, this is not the first strange thing that we have seen them do or claim as knowledge.
"Third, rest assured that there will be a reckoning. Just do not assume that it will be immediate or anything that these strange Southerners will expect. Let us not speak further on this here. For all we know, they may have spies or diviners listening to us RIGHT NOW…."
Paddy Fitzpatrick
"This better be worth my time, cause if you woke me up for no reason I swear someone is getting hit with a beer bottle." Paddy grumbled as he arose from his bed.

"Sir," the plump dwarf Thoran replied, who unlike Paddy came armed and ready for battle, "we have been hailed by Dominiom representatives asking is about some incident that happened in the Southwest. Says there was some note written by "Pally Filchpatrick" saying we are allied with the Dominion?"

Paddy stirred and decided to get out of bed after all. He was not sure whether to feel worried that he will need to hunt some two bit hack was pretending to sow chaos or to congradutulate them for a job well done. Sure, the idea of the Bandit Lords being allies with a Dominion that in the not too distant past teamed up on a surprise attack against them with their hated enemies in the southeast was laughable, but people will believe anything these days.

"Look, tell em we didn't write this and be done with it, why would anyone think that we would be on allied terms with the Dominion and especially have any dealings with them BHA folks is beyond me." At this point Paddy was almost disappointed, as he wished that he did write this note just for the entertainment value that he felt was coming out of this. "Seriously I dont see why this is complicated and…"

"You remember how you told us you were turning a blind eye to that Nightstalkers stuff?" Thoran interrupted. The scowl on the blonde dwarf's face betrayed a clear disgust with Old Man Paddy's indifference.

"What about it? Only one of our guys was involved at all and you and I both stayed out of it!"

Thoran quickly snapped, "With all due respect, you knew some of them far northern folks were being allowed to masquerade as members of Fianna! Sure these were probably members acting on their own individual initiatives rathwr than any officially sanctioned activity from them. Sure you were not the one who let them in nor did you coordinate anything but you also said you saw nothing wrong with people from other alliances who wanted to "try banditry out", remember?!."

"Oh come off it, why would we want to not give people a taste of chaos and for more folks to embrace the life of banditry?" From here Paddy began taking a more haughty and regal stance as he continued his vain grandatanding, "We are here to spread the gospel of chao…"

Paddy would not get to complete his grand standing speech as Thoran landed a solid punch in Paddy's gut.

"What the hell was that for?!" Paddy groaned as he staggered back to his feet, fists clenched "You got till the count of five!"

"Because what if those guys who wanted to play bandit were seen down there you fool waving OUR banner?! If they went in as themselves and got caught anyone with half a brain would figure it was not just Fianna but Dominion as well." Thoran continued screaming, "Dont you realize how that looks? It looks like Fianna is more involved with these guys late night antics and care more than we actually do. Are you that dense to think that this would be lppked at in any other way?!"

Paddy had come to realize that yes, he was that dense. Yet, another realization occurred to him. "The Dominion, are they denying their part of this? We may want to find out, because some of their guys did like that freedom that life as a bandit brings to them, but they gotta be committed to sticking out the tough parts. You cant have the good wothout the bad."

"In other words, they may like it but they won't put a ring on it?" Thoran replied.

"Precisely." Paddy responded. "One of the hardest lessons to learn about being a bandit is accepting that freedom of choice does not equal freedom from consequence."

"So are we gonna go to war then?" Thoran asked.

"No, we wait." Paddy replied coldly, "the League armies will probably come for us too, but for now we stay out of the fighting. If either side wishes to pay us to bolster their numbers then you may go fight if the price is right. Outside of that, Dun Baile will not mobilize unless attacked or paid to do so for the time being. Keep watch on the unfolding situation though, becuase it looks like things are about to get interesting…"
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Flari
From The Desk of Dominion Shipping Inc.: Flari CEO
Dispatch to: HQ Halo of Fries

Dear Sirs,
I am greatly disturbed to find that you are aggressing against my person yet again and apparently without cause, again… You have attacked two holdings belonging to Dominion Shipping Inc. without reason or warning or communication of any kind.
Let me be clear: You can't find Justice here. Dominion Shipping Inc. and it's members have committed no crime.
You can't win, Vader. If you strike me down, I shall become more Annoying than you can possibly imagine.

Flari
CEO Dominion Shipping Inc.
flari@mail.com
Duffy Swiftshadow
A very old and slow raven delivers a message to Dominion Shipping Inc.

Flari,

The Aeonian League humbly apologizes for our previous false accusation of strip mining. The accusation was based upon confused and ultimately incorrect testimony. Additionally we apologize for the charge of illegal gathering as our posting was not particularly clear concerning our position. All charges have been dropped from our official records.

Sincerely,
Duffy Swiftshadow
Aeonian League Scribe
Flari-Merchant
Duffy Swiftshadow
A very old and slow raven delivers a message to Dominion Shipping Inc.

Flari,

The Aeonian League humbly apologizes for our previous false accusation of strip mining. The accusation was based upon confused and ultimately incorrect testimony. Additionally we apologize for the charge of illegal gathering as our posting was not particularly clear concerning our position. All charges have been dropped from our official records.

Sincerely,
Duffy Swiftshadow
Aeonian League Scribe

Much appreciated
Congrats on your victory last night and tonight. We are caught by surprise and you have victory as you deserve. For now…. smile
Demiurge
Nemak'bol returns from scouting in the south west.

So many abandoned settlements, Hangman's Hollow empty of even buildings, Greystone Keep bereft of population. The entire area over-run with low level goblin, mercenary and ogre scum that seem to be ignored. There numbers appear to drop out of boredom on the monsters part rather than through any effort to keep them under control. The auction houses are empty, the resources in the nodes sitting and rotting. Even the lucrative incursions by the more powerful enemies of Golarion seem to sit for days before they eventually are taken down.

However now there are rumours that people have returned to the southwest, admittedly to attack other settlements rather than work the land and cleanup the monster forces that have over-run the area, but any increase in the population of the south is a good sign. You have what you hold and you hold nothing if you are not there.
Lorelia Corvus
The smell of smoke wafts through the air as the weary combatants trudge back into camp and once again words find wings …

Brother,

The campaign goes well so far. We manage to win the first night by surprise and met minimal resistance the second. They did manage to engage us on two fronts, a fairly clever plan. But thankfully the rearguard prevailed and we won the night.

We've just returned from the next phase of our plan. Though once more we have found no opposition to our initial foray. Perhaps surprise is once more on our side? I still find myself leery of what tomorrow may hold. I only hope your mission to the north bears fruit.

Stay safe.

Lorelia
Corvus Citadel
Order of the Crow
Mistress of Blades
Flari-Merchant
Delivered to Corvus Citadel by an Eagle that looks very put out:
Keep taking your little bites. Enjoy while it still tastes good. smile
Lorelia Corvus
The clarion call of victory resounds throughout the Citadel as ravens climb into the air to carry the news even farther…

Lictor,

Since my last correspondence we find ourselves celebrating a minor victory! The lawless brigands' foothold in the plains has been torn down, they will no longer easily plaguing our lands. With this victory our allies have agreed to expand the reach of law throughout the plains we now call home, it's a valiant first step on a very long journey.

Alas I must be short for there is much work to be done, I will report again soon…hopefully with news of my brother's mission next time.

Lorelia Corvus
Mistress of Blades
Order of the Crow
Corvus Citadel
Order of the Crow
Mistress of Blades

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post