Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Keywords Clarification

Huran
Looking back at old posts from Stephen - in particular this one: Link to Stephen's Keyword Answers
——————————————–
Relevant information from link:
#2 - Are there any other effects for matching more than 6 keywords?

You become a nice, helpful person that submits a bug to inform us that something that should be capped is ignoring the cap smile .

The opportunities for weapon attacks to match more than 4 minor and 2 major should be virtually nonexistent (the only way for it to happen would be for a weapon to have both a regular T3 keyword and the mysterious Artifact keyword, which isn't intended to happen). They're slightly more likely to happen with armor, though not until the highest levels, but armor should be capped to four minor and two major. Expendables can match up to 9, because their keywords are weird.
——————————————-

Armor keywords should be capped at 2 major keywords and 4 minor keywords – total of 12. Meaning if we get 13 we would only benefit from 12 and if we benefit from all 13 it would be a bug.

I bring this up because looking at T3 pioneer armor (and wright), at level 10 pioneer I get the following keywords: Light, Military, Flexible, Masterwork, Supple and Adamantine.

Looking at Adamantine shirt - I would reach my cap at Adamantine shirt +2 which gives all the above keywords and I would not have to worry about getting level 12 pioneer to reach my cap due to the fact the 13th word (quiet) for Adamantine shirt +3 would not give a benefit.

Question to Bob: Is this the intention or should be we getting a benefit from 13 keywords?

Thanks,
~Huran
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Edam
Hurnan if the game limited things the way its described in that old post it is not just armor feats that are pointless to take above 10 - if we limit T3 to 12 keywords there would also be zero point in making T3+3 armor at all.

It is not just Pioneer and Wright that gives 13 effective words. Currently almost all correctly matched T3 armor (probably all) seems to give us 13 effective keywords at T3+3 with the appropriate feat. I assume that change was made by design and is working as intended. Also you definitely get the benefit of all 13 effective keywords with these T3+3 armor's. Keeper's Pass Armorsmiths, Sages and Wizards can all vouch for that.

Some Examples:

T3+3 Adamantine Shirt and Wright 12:
Adamantine, Masterwork, Military (+0), Light(+0), Flexible(+1), Supple(+2)), Quiet (+3)

T3+3 Robes of the Magi with Mage 12:
Eldritch, Masterwork, Inscribed (+0), Clothing(+0), Intricate(+1), Agile(+2). Reinforced (+3)

T3+3 Crusaders Chainmail with Healer 12:
Celestial, Masterwork, Blessed (+0). Medium(+0), Supple(+1), Flexible(+2), Quiet (+3)

T3+3 Truesilver Shirt and Archer 12: (EDITED)

T3+3 General's Banded with Unbreakable 12:
Adamantine , Masterwork, Military (+0), Heavy (+0), Strengthened (+1),Distributed (+2), Dense (+3)

You will note we now always get TWO minor keywords at +0 .

The progression can be a little scrambled for example in the case of T3+3 Robes of the Magi with Mage 12 you get the +3 word Reinforced at mage 10 and the +2 keyword is not activated until mage 12 but you still end up with 2 major and 5 minor for 13 effective keywords.

Logically, if we are wanting to nerf T3 armor (I know your not suggesting that) it is one of the doubled up keywords at +0 that need to be removed so T3+3 still does something. personally though I think there is little enough benefit from T3 as it is and it really does not need nerfing.
Duffy Swiftshadow
If I recall correctly the point of the higher level armor feats adding odd words was to increase the variety of armors that could be used with that feat which changes the base stats around. Some made more sense than others in regards to what gear was actually implemented at this point.

For example Unbreakable eventually allows you to use Medium armor and still get full matching keywords which means you would get better general resistances from the medium armor type plus full matching Unbreakable bonuses. Now granted I have not looked at every armor feat but from what I can tell that seemed to be the idea.
Bob
I'm fairly certain things changed somewhere along the line to make it 2 major plus 5 minor matching keywords for armor as the maximum, rather than just 4 minor. I'm not finding anything specifically stating that based on a cursory search, but given that my general understanding was that only one keyword in each armor feat progression was meant purely for flexibility, and that you generally learn a total of 8 keywords per armor feat, that's what the math implies to me.
Huran
That makes sense - though in the case of Archer at level 12 the feat gives Quiet not Stealthy. I figured it was to add versatility so the archer would get 12 keywords for both a medium and light armor at 14 (in this case truesilver chainmail and truesilver shirt).

If all armor feats are intended to give 13 keywords (2 major and 5 minor) at level 12 it seems like that should be corrected to Stealthy since there are no armors that would give archer a full 13 keywords currently.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Edam
Huran
That makes sense - though in the case of Archer at level 12 the feat gives Quiet not Stealthy. I figured it was to add versatility so the archer would get 12 keywords for both a medium and light armor at 14 (in this case truesilver chainmail and truesilver shirt).

If all armor feats are intended to give 13 keywords (2 major and 5 minor) at level 12 it seems like that should be corrected to Stealthy since there are no armors that would give archer a full 13 keywords currently.

That seems correct now I look. You can get 13 keywords with Archer but not till level 14 in Light armor.

Swapping a keyword out for Stealthy is problematic as that would result in 14 keywords at Archer 14.

EDIT: This seems wrong
Huran
Which armor gives archer 13 keywords?

I have looked over the goblinary a few times and can't seem to find it. None of the armors for archer give more than 2 major keywords and 4 minor. Unless I am missing something?
———————————————————————
Edit for clarification:

Archer feat gives the following keywords if trained to 14:
Medium
Military
Flexible
Masterwork
Supple
Truesilver
Quiet
Light

The only armors with the truesilver major keyword are:

Fine Truesilver Chain (Truesilver, Masterwork, Stealthy, Light, Agile, Reinofrced, Intricate) - 9 keywords

Truesilver Chainmail (Truesilver, Masterwork, Stealthy, Medium, Military, Flexible, Supple) - 12 keywords

Truesilver Shirt (Truesilver, Masterwork, Stealthy, Light, Quiet, Flexible, Supple) - 12 keywords
Edam
OK I am miscounting. My bad.

Substituting Stealthy for Quiet at Archer 12 may work. Does it have other repercussions ?
You are a Troll
Dithering and distracted with details as the ship goes down? Captain, can I have some of whatever you have taken?~!
Edam
lol … I have a friend who is that way about planes.

Everytime we fly (and she has no choice to get to some destinations) she sits there telling us we are all going to crash shortly and we are delusional thinking any good can come of sitting in a 400 ton metal box travelling at 500 miles per hour 30,000 feet above the ground. She may be right but I love flying so tend to ignore her.

Some people are glass half full, some people are glass half empty .. but then you also get the "I hate this glass, its ugly and filthy and I am just against glasses in general anyway" brigade smile

Back on topic … @ Bob - I originally thought the stealth/quiet substitution would give too many keywords at 14 but realised after Huran's last post I had counted wrong and it should work.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post