Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Warfare and consequences

Mistwalker
At the moment, it seems that there is no consequences to warfare - besides a bit of gear churn - and at times, the cost of the gear vastly outweighs the cost of holdings/outposts.

I am thinking of the loser paying more for settlement upkeep, for an agreed upon number of weeks, while the winner's settlement upkeep costs are lowered by the same amount.

What would people think of the above, with that tithe controlled by the system, once both sides have agreed to the deal, as a possible consequence for losing a conflict - or a way of paying off the aggressor before holdings are burned down?
Edam
There is also political consequences. For example if a Keepers Holding were attacked the most likely initial response from us would not be pvp but instead a total ban on all trade with members of that settlement/alliance and a lifting of any restrictions on our members gathering in the attackers claimed space.
Flari-Merchant
Some sort of assignable condition or terms of "surrender"(?) for the loser in a war level conflict. A reward for being victorious would not be a terrible thing so long as there is some way to throw it off or "rise again" to challenge your conquerer and throw off their yolk.

First though, what are win/lose determinations? Who decides what makes a victory and what a defeat?
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite of Staalgard
Some sort of assignable condition or terms of "surrender"(?) for the loser in a war level conflict. A reward for being victorious would not be a terrible thing so long as there is some way to throw it off or "rise again" to challenge your conquerer and throw off their yolk.

First though, what are win/lose determinations? Who decides what makes a victory and what a defeat?
Who decides? I do!

Since no one else will step up and try to place an objectove standard I am going to take this burden upon myself and play the role of referee here.

As a member of the Coalition and the only unaffiliated and truly fre and independent alliance right now, I think I am moat qualified to do so. Everyone else has too much bias.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Decius
A cost to declaring war, in coin or otherwise, some fraction of which is given
To a victorious defender?

It would have to be substantial in order to be significant.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Perhaps some sort of wagering system? That takes some of the onus of agreement between the conflicting parties out of the picture, but still needs some limits to avoid abuse. Of course determining what a win/loss actually means is still a problem.
Flari-Merchant
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite of Staalgard

Who decides? I do!

Since no one else will step up and try to place an objectove standard I am going to take this burden upon myself and play the role of referee here.

As a member of the Coalition and the only unaffiliated and truly fre and independent alliance right now, I think I am moat qualified to do so. Everyone else has too much bias.

What is your decision and what are you deciding?
Flari-Merchant
I have been mulling over how war could work, at this time anyway, between 2 reasonable groups. Without mechanics of any kind, if both sides could set some sort of "victory" objectives and conditions. getting any 2 or more groups to agree on something like that would be pretty difficult though…
Glinder
Putting in a plug for mule games and low end PvP, I think there should be an option for short term feuds friendly like, say 4 hours, with far less cost than a war. No hex can fall in that time, so there is no gain other than fun.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Glinder
Putting in a plug for mule games and low end PvP, I think there should be an option for short term feuds friendly like, say 4 hours, with far less cost than a war. No hex can fall in that time, so there is no gain other than fun.

Would be useful for duels too.

@Brings

I will answer your question later lol
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post