Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

New Player Looking for People

master2468
I'm not looking for handouts or anything. Just a group who can answer a bunch of questions. I enjoy playing with others and hopefully can start grouping with people when I get a bit stronger.

I'm interested in playing with an older group (I'm 34yrs myself). I've been playing games (Mostly rpg games) from atari > nes > snes/sega/segacd > ps1 > pc/mmorpg's. I've never played any dnd games, but this game looks a lot like a game I used to play for years (lineage 2 in 2003 - 2006), so I thought I would try it out (plus it's the only quality game I can seem to find atm without a cash shop).

The play style I am going for is archer (rogue?), and so far haven't done much other than the tutorial. I'm not really sure where I should go grind/level, and get the next set of skills, the next gear, and so forth (goblins, bandits, and whispers only seem to give 1xp and don't drop anything). I haven't found many starter videos (zero in fact), so I'm hoping some people can answer some of these questions.

Thanks.
Duffy Swiftshadow
First up hi!

Don't hesitate to ask question in General chat, plenty of folks can help you out there. If you happen to spot me talking in game I am always glad to answer questions.

There are a couple active groups with different goals and styles around the map, ask around to try and find one that appeals to you. The game is much better with a group and a lot of the game-play will require group effort. They can also supply any gear, resources, and information you'll need this early on fairly easily.
master2468
Duffy Swiftshadow
First up hi!

Don't hesitate to ask question in General chat, plenty of folks can help you out there. If you happen to spot me talking in game I am always glad to answer questions.

There are a couple active groups with different goals and styles around the map, ask around to try and find one that appeals to you. The game is much better with a group and a lot of the game-play will require group effort. They can also supply any gear and resources you'll need this early on fairly easily.

Hello, thanks, I'm a fan of playing with groups of people (old school lineage 2 (c1 through interlude) you also couldn't get anywhere without groups). I haven't seen anyone in the starter town yet, but I guess I just need to look further. I have a friend who might try this with me (he showed it to me), but we've both been burned so many time with mmorpg releases that he wants to wait to see what I say about it first, and I can't give it much of a review if I haven't experienced anything yet. So I will definitely keep an eye out.
Duffy Swiftshadow
master2468
Duffy Swiftshadow
First up hi!

There are a couple active groups with different goals and styles around the map, ask around to try and find one that appeals to you. The game is much better with a group and a lot of the game-play will require group effort. They can also supply any gear and resources you'll need this early on fairly easily.

Hello, thanks, I'm a fan of playing with groups of people (old school lineage 2 (c1 through interlude) you also couldn't get anywhere without groups). I haven't seen anyone in the starter town yet, but I guess I just need to look further. I have a friend who might try this with me (he showed it to me), but we've both been burned so many time with mmorpg releases that he wants to wait to see what I say about it first, and I can't give it much of a review if I haven't experienced anything yet. So I will definitely keep an eye out.

Most of us hang out closer to our home settlements (all the named towns with flag icons are controlled by players) and don't tend to swing by the starter area too often. But if you talk in general chat you should find us!
Huran
The goblinary is a great resource for seeing how feats, keywords, etc work with each other it can be found at this link

I play an archer as well so I can answer any questions you have in full detail, just let me know. Unfortunately there is no PM on these forums yet so you can either ask here or you can email me at felwyn@gmail.com (just put something about PFO in the subject so I know it is not spam).

As far as groups go, the Dominion is currently very active - dominion.guildlaunch.com
They occupy the North and are the closest settlements to Thornkeep.

Duffy's group, the Aeonian League, is located in the south and can be checked out by the link in his signature line above.

If you are into banditry, contact Paddy or checkout their site http://fianna.enjin.com

You can also check out the Brighthaven alliance here though I am not sure how active they are in game these days.

Phaeros is here and are active as far as I know.

The settlement I am with is Keepers Pass and our group is Keeper's of the Circle and can be found at the link in my signature line. We have a strong Aussie representation and are active most of the time. I am usually in game after 6pm Pacific.

Like I tell everyone who asks, check all the groups out and pick the one that fits your ideals most (many apologies if I missed anyone's site).
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Udo
Master - Welcome to the Game. Check out some of the Forums posts - Roleplay comes to mind and possibly some of the settlement posts to get a feel. Many of us are on Mumble or Teamspeak whenever we play. The guys I hang with for the most part are good people, mixed bag of styles. Aragon can handle any training you may need and whatever they don't have, Mediash can pick up also with some help from Dun Baile. If you can get on mumble, check us out in the Aragon Alliance mumble. Hop in and introduce yourself. Always willing to help new players.

Well Met
“Those who surrender Freedom for Security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one”
-B Franklin
Thorgrim Foegrinder
You'll find that a majority of people who are actively playing this game fall into the "older group" category, as you define it. In general, the people who still play are mature and fairly drama free, relatively speaking.

Sylva sounds like an excellent group for you, though for the time being only a few of us are active. We're part of the Aeonian League, though, which has enough active people to form multiple groups almost every day, and the two most active settlements in the AL are Hope's End and Canis Castrum, the latter of which actively maintains a stocked Auction House so it's easy to find something if you need it. Keepers Pass is also a great bunch of guys. I haven't played directly with any Dominion people in a long time, but I'm friends with a couple of them and talk regularly outside the game about fansite development (I created and manage https://www.pfostorehouse.com).

I would recommend that you connect to several different Mumbles and TeamSpeaks and hang out with people. In general, hopping groups in a game like this can be troublesome, especially if done more than once in a short period of time without a good explanation, so it pays to take the time to choose the group that fits you best from the beginning.
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Edam
As stated above their are a few active groups still around. Your choice will partly depend on play style and partly on time zone. Some groups have better crating support or run more escalations than others but that will not be an issue as a newer player. What matters most is how helpful they are to new players and whether they are online during your normal play hours.

Down in the South East, Keepers Pass is worth a look.

Keepers is probably the most active SE settlement at the moment. Keepers is a NG independent non-aggressive crafting/trading settlement which supports level 19 training in all craft/freeholder feats as well as all Rogue/Skirmisher and all cleric (nominally Sarenrae but currently deity choice has no effect in game).

Keepers is a good crew who are very helpful to new players.

http://www.kotcguild.com/

Settlements and what they support are found at www.pfomap.com

The current highly active groups in game are:
  • Pathfinder University (Central East)
  • Keepers Pass (South East)
  • The Dominion (North)
  • Bandit Kingdoms - free ports of sorts (Map Centre)

The current less-active/partially active groups (who intend to return) include:
  • Aeonian League (Middle South) (can be very active in spurts other times not so much)
  • Pharoas (South East)
  • Brighthaven Alliance (South East)
  • Emerald Lodge(Central)

The following Settlements are dead and have few if any active players and seem unlikely to come back:
  • Golgotha (Central)
  • Kreuz Bernstein (Central)
  • Callambea(North Central)
Posting questions in general chat will usually get a response but note that many groups run escalations in voice and party chat and cannot see general. If you get no response try again later, chances are people are on but were not looking at chat or were busy not dieing to green crystal beams.
Bunibuni
And most of us are old players. Didn't we do a survey awhile back and averaged out in the late 402/early 50s? We have folks on TeamSpeak and one or two other chat groups.

And the Dominion is the whole North from one edge of the map to the other. :-)
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
Harad Navar
And a few of us are even older.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post