Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Challenge of Gatherings

Bob
As a little holiday treat, jolly old Nhur Athemon is drawing more Legends our way. Starting Friday, December 23rd, and then every third day through Saturday, January 7, Gathering of Legends will be started in multiple fallow monster hexes, chosen relatively randomly (there will be a preference toward fallow hexes that didn't get chosen previously). On the first day, up to 5 instances will be started, less if there aren't enough fallow spaces. If all the instances from one launch are taken down before the next launch 3 days later, then up to 1 more instance will be started than was started the previous time. If not, then up to the same number will be started as the previous time. If there are enough fallow spaces, and if the Gatherings are cleared fast enough, that means that up to 10 instances could get started on January 7.

The Gatherings will begin starting up at the following dates/times (Pacific), and should all be started up within half an hour:

Friday, December 23 at 11 AM
Monday, December 26 at 5 PM
Thursday, December 29 at 11 PM
Sunday, January 1 at 11 AM
Wednesday, January 4 at 5 PM
Saturday, January 7 at 11 PM

Happy hunting!
Suave
Nice!
Mistwalker
All right!
Dreggo
Looking forward to it!
Nails
Sounds like fun, thanks Bob
You are a Troll
I have an idea - why don't the Nightskulkers NOT try to take out every Legend escalation during this fun gift from Bob and leave some around for people to do during U.S. evening play times?
Nails
If you think that they can take down 5 Gathering of Legend escalations in 1 night, you are crazy.
Demiurge
You are a Troll
I have an idea - why don't the Nightskulkers NOT try to take out every Legend escalation during this fun gift from Bob and leave some around for people to do during U.S. evening play times?

I have an even better idea. Why don't some of the groups that have claimed half the map and have now p1ssed off to play Albion or WoW or My Little Pink Pony Fantasy Escapades or whatever actually come back and run their escalations instead of sitting on T3 escalations for 3 days as PvP bait meanwhile blocking them from spawning anywhere else on the map for anyone else.
Duffy Swiftshadow
You are a Troll

I would be thoroughly impressed if they could take down that many nightly, I don't think it's a concern.

nambol
I have an even better idea. Why don't some of the groups that have claimed half the map and have now p1ssed off to play Albion or WoW or My Little Pink Pony Fantasy Escapades or whatever actually come back and run their escalations instead of sitting on T3 escalations for 3 days as PvP bait meanwhile blocking them from spawning anywhere else on the map for anyone else.

In all seriousness we were taking them down as fast as we could and usually within a day or two of them spawning (barring real life as almost our entire group are older adults with various family, social, and professional responsibilities we aren't going to play 4+ hours every single night - I definitely did a lot more in my younger days) and we were doing fairly well maintenance until every single thing we had to split across more than one day started disappearing every night for a few weeks. It was going on enough we could reliably setup multiple late night weekend observations to collect names.

After waiting to see if it would stop if we did nothing, and taking a bit of a break to avoid burnout, we decided overt action was required based upon our RP rules and because the game seemed to be dying quietly. We are fairly predictable if you know our shtick, if we're left alone we will leave others alone. The current PvP hostilities are directly related to a group refusing to curb their participation (sometimes as much as half or the majority in the group) in grabbing escalations one after another in our 'claimed' territory. Therefore we proceeded from there and offered at least one attempt at ceasing hostilities after we felt our objectives had been met, but that was then met with an open declaration (not entirely unreasonably depending on how they viewed our actions), so we continued to where we are today.

Now don't get me wrong by all I've said, players and groups are free to do what they want within the systems of the game whether PvE or PvP. We're not gnashing our teeth and railing against what has been done like it's some sort of violation of the game. It's part of the game and likely to occur (at least one group has completely owned up to their actions in this specific regard) and that's all and good for the game. But the fun to us is playing our characters in both PvE and PvP and following our RP shtick, that's what makes this game enjoyable and that's what we're doing. Several players on the opposite side of this conflict have personally thanked us for shaking things up and we're trying to space out and limit boring stuff like forcing defending holdings every single night, so I'm glad they're having fun with it. But if some sub-group involved is not, I assure you we can be reasoned with and we are willing to make deals or arrangements, complexity is fun, but we respond poorly to demands normally, much less after we feel we did not take the first-blow.

But if you just want to quietly farm escalations everyday wherever your heart pleases, well, I'm sorry but you may have the wrong game.

If anyone wants to discuss any of this further my email is in the signature below, I will no longer derail this thread and I hope everyone still playing gets enjoyment out of this special event.
Flari-Merchant
*Those outlanders that go into "claimed territory" and take down escalations during this event will only be increasing that "'claimed territory's" chances of getting more Gathering of Legends Escalations.
*Those areas that have "claimed territory" and do not police up their Gathering of Legends Escalations in a very timely fashion will be hindering the possible spawning of even more Gathering of Legends Escalations.
*Clearly here is a situation wherein any aggressively territorial entity or random roamers will be hampering the entire server by not taking care of their own areas and by stealing in uninvited to take out escalations.
*There will also be a ton of opportunities to "steal" bosses, which at least one attempt has been made within Dominion lands during recent conflicts with Aeonian League. I do not make policy for The Dominion anymore, but I assure you that is really not considered "cool play" by those in charge of policy. Even if it is by any other current groups.(see note 1.)
*Should The Dominion not be able to handle the number of escalations that we get throughout this event, we will be inviting players in that have similar ideals as those.

An interesting situation.

Note 1. Why is this not considered "cool play"? Essentially because, of the few really infuriating and "dick moves" that can be pulled off in conflicts or events or everyday play, in terms of this game, this has to be King of Dick Moves. Now, stealing a Boss that is being "stolen" from you is different. If you catch someone inyour Territory and you slip in and take the Boss…. well it was never technically "their" Boss to begin with. Like all PVP considerations, these are complicated ideas and not held by all, and they are possibly a step toward unfun darker PVP. Yet they are still "Dick Moves".
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post