Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Challenge of Gatherings

Duffy Swiftshadow
Bringslite of Staalgard
Certainly not saying that I am not partly at fault, but maybe some posts in here(including one of mine) are why GW can't let us have nice things?
Have a Merry Christmas GW and Every Player! smile

I do not have any doubt that they are positively thrilled by almost all of our antics, thought we may not always be thrilled ourselves.
Bob
First five launched! Take them all down by Monday, December 26 at 5 PM Pacific and I'll launch 6 more at that time, otherwise 5 more again. I'll give preference to fallow hexes that didn't get a Gathering this time, so be careful to clear those hexes at the right time so they don't get a new escalation too early.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
First five launched! Take them all down by Monday, December 26 at 5 PM Pacific and I'll launch 6 more at that time, otherwise 5 more again. I'll give preference to fallow hexes that didn't get a Gathering this time, so be careful to clear those hexes at the right time so they don't get a new escalation too early.
+1 smile Thanks Bob!
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Sakina
The question is, will AL take out their Gathering of Legends or will they sit on it and punish the rest of the server?
Apyx
Scratch one Gathering in the NE
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Post redacted
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Duffy Swiftshadow
Sakina
The question is, will AL take out their Gathering of Legends or will they sit on it and punish the rest of the server?

That is an interesting conundrum! What will we do? What will we do if someone else muscles in on us? Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?!

The timing of this is kind of amusing, it's almost like some short term greed in the past accidentally had possible longer term consequences in the future, who would have thunk it!
Midnight
Nails
Duffy, I will say that your actions are driving some people who don't like PVP, away from the game………..

Anyone who is experiencing unwanted PvP ought to ask themselves what they are doing wrong in the game.

While I don't know the details of these unnamed folks, in the past the mistake that PvE-ers made to get unwanted PvP was associating with and lending strength to a settlement/alliance that provokes PvP.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Hobson Fiffledown
I don't know details of the unnamed either, but I have seen similar frustrations from other players. I would say that it has more to do with the state of the game than anything. Many settlement builder types have poured a crazy amount of work into the game over the last couple of years (as compared to players like myself).

If the game hadn't have been in the crapper for about a year and a half, the builder characters would have combat support from a good number of players. As it is now, if you can reliably field six to ten players, you're the game's combat blob. Now, that's no fun for anyone really… I'm not saying it's not possible to rally, organize, recruit, and all of that, but there's not much game incentive to do that work. So, many groups and players around the realm are in maintenance mode or running on skeleton crews.

I think the real kicker is that, when the dust has cleared, there's almost no point in rebuilding. Bulk goods could last for years at this point, no resource is very scarce or unavailable, gold means almost nothing, top tier loot drops like candy, and escalations are walk-through for most players. I don't see much of an incentive to rebuilding and logistics if the game doesn't require it. Now, if I were a builder-type, having all of my stuff burned down and no incentive to rebuild provides an easy game exit opportunity.

I don't think that is the fault of player groups still bringing a hard game. I mean, kudos for still playing the game like you want to win it. The bad reactions are byproducts of the unpolished/unfinished nature of the game. It has just taken us longer to see the effect on some of the larger game systems.
This space for rent.
Nails
Hobson Fiffledown
I don't know details of the unnamed either, but I have seen similar frustrations from other players. I would say that it has more to do with the state of the game than anything. Many settlement builder types have poured a crazy amount of work into the game over the last couple of years (as compared to players like myself).

If the game hadn't have been in the crapper for about a year and a half, the builder characters would have combat support from a good number of players. As it is now, if you can reliably field six to ten players, you're the game's combat blob. Now, that's no fun for anyone really… I'm not saying it's not possible to rally, organize, recruit, and all of that, but there's not much game incentive to do that work. So, many groups and players around the realm are in maintenance mode or running on skeleton crews.

I think the real kicker is that, when the dust has cleared, there's almost no point in rebuilding. Bulk goods could last for years at this point, no resource is very scarce or unavailable, gold means almost nothing, top tier loot drops like candy, and escalations are walk-through for most players. I don't see much of an incentive to rebuilding and logistics if the game doesn't require it. Now, if I were a builder-type, having all of my stuff burned down and no incentive to rebuild provides an easy game exit opportunity.

I don't think that is the fault of player groups still bringing a hard game. I mean, kudos for still playing the game like you want to win it. The bad reactions are byproducts of the unpolished/unfinished nature of the game. It has just taken us longer to see the effect on some of the larger game systems.

+1

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post