Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Challenge of Gatherings

Bob
Edam
I will say – the way these have gone down suggests we could handle more than one gathering running at a time during "normal" times.

I'm quite certain of it, but hopefully the scarcity leads to a little more social interaction, both cooperative and competitive, outside of special events like these.
Bob
Today's nine Gatherings are all launched. Take them all down by Saturday, January 7 at 11 PM Pacific and I'll launch ten next time, otherwise "just" nine.

I had to do one repeat tonight, so next time I'll wipe the slate nearly clean and allow Gatherings to launch in any open hex (except for tonight's repeated hex). That should give every empty hex at least a 20% chance of getting a Gathering, so it could be worth your while to clear out any neighbors even if they've gotten lucky before.
Bob
Looks like taking down the last wave of nine Gatherings in time is going to be fairly tight, with two more to go and just a little over ten hours remaining! On top of that, I'll need at least ten clear hexes to put new Gatherings in tonight. For those of you who liked the last nine locations, they'll probably still be clear and open for repeats (except for that one hex that already had two Gatherings), there'll still need to be a few others cleared to make room for all ten. And of course, if you want one near you, clearing the hexes of your choice should give you pretty good odds this last time around.
Glinder
Blackwood Glade 6-6 is clear. It hasn't had one yet and feels neglected.
smile
Bob
Amazing, all nine Gatherings from the penultimate wave got taken down, the last one defeated just in the nick of time! Now there are ten more glorious Gatherings up, and one of them even went in a hex that didn't get one in any of the previous waves because it had been occupied each time it got a chance. Plus, no pressure on taking these down quickly, aside from the usual concern that others might take it down before you get your chance.

Congratulations to everyone for cleaning up all these waves so quickly and for achieving the maximum number of Gatherings you could get! Here's hoping you're all rewarded with some great loot from your final legendary victims!
Flari-Merchant
Bob
Amazing, all nine Gatherings from the penultimate wave got taken down, the last one defeated just in the nick of time! Now there are ten more glorious Gatherings up, and one of them even went in a hex that didn't get one in any of the previous waves because it had been occupied each time it got a chance. Plus, no pressure on taking these down quickly, aside from the usual concern that others might take it down before you get your chance.

Congratulations to everyone for cleaning up all these waves so quickly and for achieving the maximum number of Gatherings you could get! Here's hoping you're all rewarded with some great loot from your final legendary victims!
+1 Thx again, Bob!
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Gross
yay Bob, seen more folk on server in the last weeks than ages
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
Edam
Bob

Thanks Bob.

General good things that came out of this:
  • the T3 drops have finally got quite a few crafters through gates that had them stuck for ages, there was a very real danger that pure crafting players that could not advance their characters would eventually quit. This helped a lot
  • it has been especially good for settlement esprit de corp, the chance to overcome minor differences and work together on a common goal has been good for a lot of settlements
  • server wide there was also a strong commitment to achieving the "clean sweep" and getting them all down. In the big picture getting 10 final gatherings for 45 total versus just 9 (44 total) was neither here nor there - however many many people were putting in long hours to achieve the "grand slam" as a goal in and of itself.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post