Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Version 4 of Unofficial PFO Atlas Released

Harad Navar
Greetings!
After over 13 months I have a new version of the Unofficial PFO Atlas. Please have a look and let me know problems you see.

Here's what has happened in Version 4:
Hexes Resized - The in-game map hexes are now sized as those in game programming, eliminating the skewed appearance of Version 3.
Game Map with Hex Coordinates Removed - The option to show an in-game background map labeled with hex coordinates has been replaced with a hex mouse-over popup showing the hex identifier in the same format as in the game.
In-game Coordinates - The coordinate readout of mouse map position now reads in the format of the in-game map and mini-map.
New Map - Useful Locations in the Game - This new map shows the location of settlements, inn holdings, achievement point locations and type of point, resurrection shrines (data incomplete) and hexes spawning escalations.
Revised Map - Claimed Hexes and Player Structures - This revised map shows hexes having holdings (claimed), the location of holdings, outposts, and smallholdings (not in settlements), and hexes that cannot be claimed. Areas proclaimed as being under the control of larger player organizations are not shown. Data is probably out of date. Please provide corrections by posting to this thread.
New Map - Player Settlement Buildings - This new map shows the location of the structures in each settlement. Click on the settlement name in the list to focus the map on that settlement.
Revised Map - Encounter Hexes - Empty settlement locations have been designated simply as NPC hexes.
Red Star is Coming - The player generated data has become too large for me to reasonably keep up-to-date by myself. I will soon be asking Red Star to take over the data collection duties.

It took a long time to gather holding/outpost/smallholding data. There are over 890 of them now. I will have to open up data collection to others because I would never get to play if all I did was update the data and it would always be out of date by the time I went all over the map. This is especially vital with my plans for Version 5, namely to turn the map from client based to serve based, where you can actually make specific spatial queries. E.g., show all outposts less than +3.

Harad Navar
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Tyncale
Thank you, Harad. Seeing an old time veteran and contributor like you trucking along with the game both uplifts my spirit, and saddens me. It saddens me because it also reminds me of all the people that already have left. Here's hoping that your kindling the almost extinguished flame of PFO will some day lead to a living and breathing game again.

NB: Link to Harads Atlas is still the same, here it is: Harads Atlas
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Harad Navar
Thank you. Also, thank you for reminding me that I had forgotten to put the link in the OP. That has been corrected.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Thanks Harad.

Slight error tho, Dun Baile 3 is listed as claimed by Ozem's Vigil by mistake since the holding still belongs to Dun Baile.

Other than that, nicely done.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Harad Navar
Corrected. You may have to clear browser data to see the change. Also I uploaded new shrine layer with shrines in the south.
Thorgrim Foegrinder
These are some awesome improvements, Harad! I agree that collecting data from players is the way to go. smile
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Harad Navar
Uploaded new layer to Useful Locations: Player Settlement Auction Houses
Edam
Missed a couple.

• all of the NPC ones
  • the Aeonian league have got a player Auction House over at Canis Castrum.
Harad Navar
You are right about the old NPC starter towns. I haven't been in them for so long I thought they were blank. And I seem to have missed recording all the player added building in Canis Castrum. I will correct both of these issues, hopefully by the weekend. Another example of my needing to enroll other players to help gather data.
Harad Navar
Canis Castrum buildings corrected. Canis Casturm auction house now shows in Useful Locations. Working on NPC settlements.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post