Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Update From Lisa

Tyncale
Yes, those are the new powerblocks now. I just do not see how handing the rest of the settlements over to them by implementing this precocious feature now, will help the game. Other then offer something else to do for those few active people. Which could be a valid reason I guess. But to me it looks like they are completely giving up on the game by handing over the entire map to the few settlements that have active people playing. It does not even sound fun for you guys, since there will be zero resistance.

In a game that never realized, that has been emptier then it ever has been, that is in limbo waiting for people to come back, I just do not see how you can implement this feature now. Settlement warfare is something that needs a fully populated world, with all that other stuff going on first, that the blogs talked about. Transport lines that need to be protected, the battle for resources, banditry making the countryside dangerous, and cities that have actual players in them, not ghost towns ready for the taking.

It's a completely desperate move to implement this.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
kandorius
Tyncale
Yes, those are the new powerblocks now. I just do not see how handing the rest of the settlements over to them by implementing this precocious feature now, will help the game. Other then offer something else to do for those few active people. Which could be a valid reason I guess. But to me it looks like they are completely giving up on the game by handing over the entire map to the few settlements that have active people playing. It does not even sound fun for you guys, since there will be zero resistance.

In a game that never realized, that has been emptier then it ever has been, that is in limbo waiting for people to come back, I just do not see how you can implement this feature now. Settlement warfare is something that needs a fully populated world, with all that other stuff going on first, that the blogs talked about. Transport lines that need to be protected, the battle for resources, banditry making the countryside dangerous, and cities that have actual players in them, not ghost towns ready for the taking.

It's a completely desperate move to implement this.

Completely agree. It reeks of desperation in fact.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Edam
The talk of power blocs is nonsense.

One of the most curious things abut PFO is that the EE bigger groups (Xelias, TEO/BHA and TSV/AL) have abandoned ship, technically still claiming most of the map between them but in reality only having a few dedicated active players keeping them afloat. Meanwhile a batch of the smaller non-aligned settlements such as Keeper's and PFU are as active or more active than ever.

Well for the non-TSV portion of the League we've had pretty much the exact same people active since day 1, only 1-2 continuous 'active' players have come and gone, one of them is still floating around somewhere. We've been here the whole time, we've just been super bored and quiet in the past couple of months.
Flari-Merchant
Well ok guys, if this is not the right time for a such a feature, what is it the right time for? Please do not answer with "nothing" or "waiting longer". There are enough players still active to make fixing and adding things important. No game was built in a single patch…
Vakiri
Personally, I think it is time to go thru the list of reported issues that people playing the game have reported and deal with them as much as feasible, even if it takes a week or so to deal with a single issue - but then, such work should always be in progress.

Adding new escalations and new quests to existing escalations using existing art should be fairly straight forward, too.

Turning on escalation spreading with a lower chance, perhaps - if people liked the recent Gathering of Legends, that might be popular also. To prevent it from getting out of hand, perhaps only one escalation on the entire map can spread at any given time and only to a total of so many hexes or only one new hex per day or something.
Vakiri
Edam
The talk of power blocs is nonsense.

One of the most curious things abut PFO is that the EE bigger groups (Xelias, TEO/BHA and TSV/AL) have abandoned ship, technically still claiming most of the map between them but in reality only having a few dedicated active players keeping them afloat. Meanwhile a batch of the smaller non-aligned settlements such as Keeper's and PFU are as active or more active than ever.

Given what I have seen in-game, I could say the same thing about all the groups except the one I'm in.

So I suspect at least some of the groups you refer to are more active than you are seeing.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Bringslite of Staalgard
Well ok guys, if this is not the right time for a such a feature, what is it the right time for? Please do not answer with "nothing" or "waiting longer". There are enough players still active to make fixing and adding things important. No game was built in a single patch…

I'm halfway thru writing up my thoughts about the warfare feature and will include alternative features that can add day to day content. This siege mechanic is not something to add more day to day content. Is the feature needed, yes, but it's a capstone feature not a day to day feature that helps the game keep it's increasingly bored playerbase engaged.
Hobson Fiffledown
If you're looking for game-improving steps that you could take, why not acquire goblinary.com?

I don't know what the current status of it is, or what their asking price would be, but it is the one resource which makes PFO playable. As you may have seen, it went down and was immediately on the top of players' fix list.
This space for rent.
Daer
Hobson Fiffledown
If you're looking for game-improving steps that you could take, why not acquire goblinary.com?

I don't know what the current status of it is, or what their asking price would be, but it is the one resource which makes PFO playable. As you may have seen, it went down and was immediately on the top of players' fix list.

Agreed.. this is one of the sites that makes this game playable.. with out it.. it would not be easy to figure out training goals.. actually it would make the game almost unplayable to me.
Settlement Leader : Talonguard

Killing, Dying and Healing.. and can't figure out which I am doing at any time!
Tyncale
Btw, I would show this man and any potential investor the Atlas that Harrad made, here: PFO Atlas

It is great fun to check the several tabs and inspect the hexes and such. It gives a great vibe of what the vision was for this game, and the Game of Thrones that it could become.

It is also a good indicator of the passion that still lives with a few people for this game.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post