Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Settlement Warfare is on the March

Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite of Staalgard
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Maybe I am missing something…

So my understanding was epow/epro was in there in addition to the keywords. I also thought that one major keyword had already been worth something like four minor keywords anyway before factoring epow and epro.

So if that is the case, shouldn't the keyword differences be enough before adding epow and epro?

If I am wrong, then maybe I need a refresher on how it fits together.
One of the main problems, IMO with striping out Epow and epro that I can see: HoTs and DoTs and buffs/debuffs are built to affect things in percentages of either total or remaining(current) values. Take away the 'E" and suddenly your T1 "spells" are much more effective. There is an iota of balance built into the system that would be set wonky.

Then keep the buffs and debuffs aspect of it and remove the rest. Get rid of it for damage, dots, and heals (a t1 healer ain't gonna be nearly as effective as a t2 or t3 anyway but they shouldn't be completely worthless) and keep it for buffs and debuffs. I know it probably ain't easy work but if done it would make a better playing field for most things without allowing some t1 to permanently stun someone. Doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite of Staalgard
The worrying about Blobs and about conflicts being largely about superior numbers is kinda going down a rabbit hole instead of facing the real issues. Though there probably are some issues that are needing tweaks or work there.

One of the REAL ISSUES is why would a group abandon a perfectly good Holding rather than fight for it? Why is a Holding so without value? That is partly what Bob and GW are trying to address with siege mechanics, IMO.

None of the issues we are debating about will even remotely be addressable until the top issue is resolved…

No funding = no ability to work on any of these things.

Until that is fixed none of these other things we are all insisting on will matter. There is also nothing we can do about it.
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Flari
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite of Staalgard
The worrying about Blobs and about conflicts being largely about superior numbers is kinda going down a rabbit hole instead of facing the real issues. Though there probably are some issues that are needing tweaks or work there.

One of the REAL ISSUES is why would a group abandon a perfectly good Holding rather than fight for it? Why is a Holding so without value? That is partly what Bob and GW are trying to address with siege mechanics, IMO.

None of the issues we are debating about will even remotely be addressable until the top issue is resolved…

No funding = no ability to work on any of these things.

Until that is fixed none of these other things we are all insisting on will matter. There is also nothing we can do about it.
Exactly…kind of, IMO, of course. Major changes like epow and epro revamps would be monumental because they affect Everything that is a feat or skill that players use.

I would be willing to bet that dead accounts and unsubscribed players could be removed from counting towards Influence Caps, though.

I would be willing to bet that mule doors could be put into all or certain Holdings, though.

I would be willing to bet that new alternate craft recipes could be added, though.

I would be willing to bet(high risk small bet/confidence on this one) that perma feud Chartered Companies could be coded for each settlement or alliance.

I would be willing to bet that auction houses could be worked to SHOW available items in OTHER auction houses.

I would be willing to bet that Monster hexes could be made full time open free PVP.

and so on…
flari@mail.com
Edam
Paddy Fitzpatrick
a t1 healer ain't gonna be nearly as effective as a t2 or t3 anyway but they shouldn't be completely worthless

Not true.

If you dump EPRO/EPOW for healing entirely a T1+0 level 1 minor cure or level 1 channel positive utility heal cast by a one week old character will be identical to the maxed version of the same heal cast by a T3 cleric. The only difference between a week old cleric and a T3 cleric would be the T3 cleric can access a couple of once per combat big expendables.

Removing EPRO/EPOW for heals would remove all point from leveling weapon and utlity based heals and remove all point from equipping wearable gear for heal utilities.

The concept of EPRO/EPOW is valid. It just needs to be wound back a bit for heals and buffs as it is currently to viscous.
Smitty
Edam
Paddy Fitzpatrick
a t1 healer ain't gonna be nearly as effective as a t2 or t3 anyway but they shouldn't be completely worthless

Not true.

If you dump EPRO/EPOW for healing entirely a T1+0 level 1 minor cure or level 1 channel positive utility heal cast by a one week old character will be identical to the maxed version of the same heal cast by a T3 cleric. The only difference between a week old cleric and a T3 cleric would be the T3 cleric can access a couple of once per combat big expendables.

Removing EPRO/EPOW for heals would remove all point from leveling weapon and utlity based heals and remove all point from equipping wearable gear for heal utilities.

The concept of EPRO/EPOW is valid. It just needs to be wound back a bit for heals and buffs as it is currently to viscous.

This is true.. the last thing you want to deal with is a convoy of low level clerics spamming channel positive energy. While you are trying to overrun a outpost or holding.

Was bad enough when they could do it as a third party participant… making just as effective as a regular player is a terrible idea.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Fair enough, I stand corrected
Find us on PFO Discord
Father Bronin
Hey Bob. What is the current timing on the next update? The post said early February. I know we have thrown you a lot to consider with this thread. Any news yet on when updates will be implemented?

FB
Bob
Father Bronin
Hey Bob. What is the current timing on the next update? The post said early February. I know we have thrown you a lot to consider with this thread. Any news yet on when updates will be implemented?

FB

All the planned (and some previously unplanned) changes have been made to the build and tested on our internal servers. There are a few additional small changes we're considering making, but they're mostly very small. If we decide they're not worth even a short delay, then we'll try to put the latest build up on Zog early this week. If we decide to roll in those changes, they'll be easy to test quickly and we'll probably still have a build up on Zog later this week.

The actual changes going in the build are relatively safe and pretty heavily tested, so it shouldn't take too long to get an appropriate level of testing done on them. The actual details of sieging a settlement take more time to run through, mostly because they involve having to do things that take place over several days. That said, most of that is more about GM-adjudicated policies and calculations, so any issues we find there likely will just require changes to said policies and calculations, not a new build.
Father Bronin
Thanks for the update Bob. That was fast.

FB
Harad Navar
What is the possibility of adding small things for new players, like Thornguards in the lower level NPC hexes for travel corridors? Even things without graphically correct images, like Starknives (or any weapon) to use key words (like Keen) not supported at the moment?
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post