Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Cleaning Up Settlement Ownership

Bob
As part of cleaning up the settlement ownership list, we're going to switch from attaching ownership to email addresses and instead attach it to individual characters. Those characters will need to be on active accounts and will need to have leader rank in the settlement's founding company. Settlements will also be able to list multiple owners, alternates for decision-making when owners can't be reached quickly enough, and/or successors. However, only characters from active accounts can be on any of those lists.

I'll be reaching out to the owners of each settlement individually to get that all set up. If I'm unable to contact the official owner of a settlement, I'll transfer ownership to the highest-ranked leader/member when there's an obvious choice, or work with the highest-ranked leadership/membership to pick a new owner when there isn't an obvious choice.

Suave
Pick me! Pick me! [Donkey voice from Shrek] smile
Tyncale
Thanks for the heads up, Bob. Callambea leadership account just changed hands, I will notify the owner to make sure the account is active.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Bob
Tyncale
Thanks for the heads up, Bob. Callambea leadership account just changed hands, I will notify the owner to make sure the account is active.

I'll also be giving owners plenty of time to work things out, but I appreciate everyone's efforts to be prepared.
Mistwalker
Is this a sneaky way to reduce company hopping?

Hmm, what happens if the "leader" of a company leaves the company/settlement for a bit of PvP (or other reasons), do they still retain the leadership? If not, what happens?
Bob
Mistwalker
Is this a sneaky way to reduce company hopping?

Hmm, what happens if the "leader" of a company leaves the company/settlement for a bit of PvP (or other reasons), do they still retain the leadership? If not, what happens?

Nah, there won't be any crackdowns on that kind of thing. Ownership will remain with the characters no matter where they go after the initial setup (as long as they remain or quickly regain active status), though obviously characters that can't get back into the original leadership spot on their own (i.e. doesn't have an alt ready to accept and promote) could run into issues waiting until a GM is available to put them back.
Notta
Bob
As part of cleaning up the settlement ownership list, we're going to switch from attaching ownership to email addresses and instead attach it to individual characters. Those characters will need to be on active accounts and will need to have leader rank in the settlement's founding company. Settlements will also be able to list multiple owners, alternates for decision-making when owners can't be reached quickly enough, and/or successors. However, only characters from active accounts can be on any of those lists.

I'll be reaching out to the owners of each settlement individually to get that all set up. If I'm unable to contact the official owner of a settlement, I'll transfer ownership to the highest-ranked leader/member when there's an obvious choice, or work with the highest-ranked leadership/membership to pick a new owner when there isn't an obvious choice.
Will there be a cleaning up of Small Holdings that were owned by now banned players?
Bob
Notta
Will there be a cleaning up of Small Holdings that were owned by now banned players?

I took care of several of those a while ago, but don't have an easy way to track down stragglers at the moment. For now, just send an email to customer.support@goblinworks.com with the location of any smallholdings you suspect are owned by banned players and I'll look into them.
Edam
To be honest it would be good if any small holdings belonging to unsubbed accounts returned to the characters inventory after a reasonable period unsubbed (3 or 6 months?).

There will of course be some issues with stuff stored in these holdings if the player returns. They would need to work out what hex the small holding was last placed in and set it back up in that same same hex to get their stuff back.
Bob
Edam
To be honest it would be good if any small holdings belonging to unsubbed accounts returned to the characters inventory after a reasonable period unsubbed (3 or 6 months?).

There will of course be some issues with stuff stored in these holdings if the player returns. They would need to work out what hex the small holding was last placed in and set it back up in that same same hex to get their stuff back.

Yeah, we're putting some thought into what to do about smallholdings in cases like those. Smallholdings currently leave behind husks, so players would actually lose their stuff when smallholdings get torn down unless we made some additional changes. That's part of why I've focused on banned players so far, because there's no need to be concerned about anything left behind.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post